VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I kindly ask for any input on following questions

1. Can I rip Blu Ray Discs with LG Super Multi Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD-ROM Drive (GGC-H20L)?

2. Can I make an ISO file of a Blu Ray or an HD DVD disc?

Regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1) Rip with AnyDVDHD

2) AnyDVDHD rips to file first. You can make an iso of the files later, but there really isn't any point.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rhegedus
    1) Rip with AnyDVDHD

2) AnyDVDHD rips to file first. You can make an iso of the files later, but there really isn't any point.
    Thanks rhegedus, OK, AnyDVDHD is the software. But...Can I rip Blu Ray Discs with LG Super Multi Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD-ROM Drive (GGC-H20)?

Also, I need ISO files of my Blu Ray and HD DVD discs to transfer them to my TVIX 6500, can I produce them with the LG Super Multi Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD-ROM Drive (GGC-H20)? and with wich Software?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1) Yes.

2) No.You need to rip the data to hard drive first with AnyDVDHD first. What you do with the data afterwards is up to you.

You might be wasting your time if the TVIX can't play Blu-Ray...
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  5. For what it's worth, I've been able to create ISO images of HD-DVDs from an X-Box 360 HD-DVD ROM using AnyDVDHD (running in the systray) and Iso Recorder. My OS was 64-bit Vista. I can mount the ISOs using Daemon Tools and it plays just fine using PowerDVD.

With Iso Recorder you can be in Windows Explorer and right click on the drive. You drop down and select "Create image from CD" (appears to work regardless if DVD or HD-DVD). If AnyDVDHD can access the files on the Blu-ray disc, I would assume you could do the same with a Blu-Ray disc.

NOTE: I have not tried to burn one of these images, but assume it would burn fine IF I had an HD-DVD burner (LOL, definitely not on my list of gear to get).

Hope this helps,
    Don
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hey Donpato I have the ggc h20 and i use any dvd to rip the movie to my computer hard drive. Look at this
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/f142/bd2dvd-blu-ray-dvd-guide-232165/

i use tsremux and select the parts i want for my blu ray. Its been a while but i think after ts remux finished i copied the m2ts file onto my tvix 4100 and it played fine
    Quote Quote