VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello.

I have an FLV I took from the web and using RichFLV or FLVPlayer, it plays fine. Supposedly, it has 53 minutes, but the seconds go by way faster than that.

I used FLVExtract and have a video (avi) of 53m and an audio (mp3) of 35m. If I play the AVI using VLC, it looks like it's in slow motion...

In my opinion, this should be a 35 minutes video, so I want to know if there's a way to reencode this AVI (VP6F) video into a 35 minutes MPEG or AVI (in fact anything that can be reencoded).

For your information, I tried all the guides on this site and all the tools suggested (Super, FLVExtract, WFW stuff, VirtualDubMod, Total Video Encoder, etc).

I'm out of ideas now :P
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It seems the AVI version has 2/3 the framerate of the FLV one.
    Additional help attempts require more detailed information.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I managed to get VirtualDubMod to sync them good enough. The video starts and they are sync, at the end, they have somewhat about 500ms delay. This is only for this one FLV file, so I will watch like that and go on with the next that does not have any problems.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. @Babalou
    What's true frame rate and average frame rate display in FLV Extract?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    They both say 15.873 fps, but when I load the extracted AVI in VirtualDubMod and the audio stream without interleaving, offset and cutoff, and go to Framerate, I have No Change (15.873) and Change so video and audio duration match (23.988).

I selected the later and now the video and audio is sync at the beginning, but at the end, it's not by about 1 sec.

This is the only file I have like that. I think it's the file that has a problem. The other of the same serie are all OK and synced until the end.
    Quote Quote  
  6. But... wait a moment...

Try latest VirtualDub with FLV input plugin (if audio it's MP3)?
    Try Avidemux?
    Try Avisynth script (with ConvertFPS) > VirtualDub or other?

You can upload this file - example on http://kotuha.com ; or provide original link to this FLV?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    faced such problems with a couple of flv4s that i downloaded while using flvextract. solved by adjusting audio offset and fps. from what you have given use 23.976 fps and then adjust audio offset.

btw, never had the problem again after using virtualdub with flv plugin
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks I will try both and update you with the outcome.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well... I realized that the problem is not with VirtualDub or AVIDemux (which has problems with FLV video), it's with BatchDPG (which uses ffmpeg) to convert the FLV (VP6F) to .dgp (Mpeg video + MP2 audio).

The video coming out of VirtualDubMod is in sync, but once I convert it to DPG, somewhere along the play, it's out of sync. Not everywhere in the movie, though.

I tried AVIDemux to convert the VP6F video and MP3 audio to MPG + MP3 and it crashes or tells me the formats are not compatible.

So my current workflow is this. It's not perfect, but I consider it does the job :
    1- FLV Extract A/V (2-3 mins)
    2- Join A/V with VirtualDubMod (remove interleaving and synch FPS) (1 mins)
    3- BatchDPG encodes to DPG (around 45mins)

If you have something simpler/faster for converting a FLV VP6F/MP3 to DPG, I'm open to suggestion
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    .DPGs

"No such file or directory." :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NDs-mPeG

HTH.
    Quote Quote