VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a one-hour DVD that I created (both in mpg and DVD folders output) that I would like to put into a 90 MB or smaller file that can be sent via a large file send-it program.
    I tried Auto Gordian Knot and, after an hour and a half encoding, ended up with a postage-stamp sized video. Surely I can do better than that?
    Any tools to suggest?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    1 hour video in 90 MB will look like crap whatever you use. You might get a bit better quality using H264/X264, I would use FairUse Wizard for to make a H264 video.

What video resolution did you use? Use a low like 320x240 or lower
    What audio bitrate did you use? Use as low as possible, like 32kbits.
    Or can't you find another way sending the file?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What is the time length of the video, you can certainly decrese it quite a bit but if the videois of any length in time 90MB is going to be pushing it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    You can use Winrar and make a splitted archive with many 90 MB files that you can send. The receiver gets all the files and can unpack it to a bigger original file again. But downloading big files over this type of services can be very slow so the best option may just be sending a physcal disc directly in a letter.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Never mid should have read, 1-hour....

Try this, not sure what kind of file size you're going to get but first download and install WME .

Follow the wizard, select whatever if you don't know what it means. The only thing that is important is you specify the file you want to convert and the destination file. Download the attached file at the end of this post, rename the zip extension to .prx . Once you're done with wizard switch to the compression tab, click import, locate the file you downloaded renamed with .prx extension.

Start encoding. This should bring you well below 90MB, once you figure out where you're at you can increase the quality by upping the the bitrate and resolution. This is not a postage stamp but it isn't huge either. One thing to be aware of is that it uses very reduced framerate of 10FPS so it may be a little choppy but its not that bad, its also one of the reasons its such a small file. Using this profile you'll get about a 60MB file for 1 hour.

There's sample here using almost identical settings: http://www.40lbhead.com/headfiles/albums/video/rockfest2005_empire_wandt_du.wmv

dial-up.zip
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Personally, I would just leave the file in the original format and size and create a torrent file and seed it from your computer. You can also make private torrents. Email the torrent file to anyone who wants to download it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    And here is a 320x240 mp4 with h264 video and aac audio, play it with VLC Media PLayer. Converted with FairUse Wizard:

seinfeld2.session-04.mp4

But I guess wmv is better if you just want to use Windows Media PLayer directly...or use redwudz method instead.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Or RAR it, split into more manageable chunks, and upload to a storage/download service like RapidShare, mediafire, myfreefilehosting, fileden, savefile (100MB chunks max, except 50MB @ FD, 60MB @ SF --- and so on, there's other choices via google).

The major drawback with that method being that unless you PAY for their premium service (rapidshare in particular, others may be the same), you have to wait (a long while) after each download to get each chunk.
    Quote Quote  
  9. The above movie clip, (seinfeld2.session-04.mp4) can you tell me what settings you used on Fair Use Wizard to make such a small file size?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kush
    The major drawback with that method being that unless you PAY for their premium service (rapidshare in particular, others may be the same), you have to wait (a long while) after each download to get each chunk.
    If you have a dynamic IP, just disconnect from your ISP (use an option on your router, or just turn off your modem for a few minutes). When you reconnect you should have a new IP and thus be a new user, as far as most services are concerned. Use say http://myip.dk/ to see your external IP and be sure when it changes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FLV may provide a "viewing" option. The DVD ISO could be provided by any number of methods. A webserver is ideal, or an FTP -- try a university, organization or a film site -- several exist.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    amazing that in Baldrick's Seinfield H264 video was 140kbps with 4 minutes stuffed into 5.5mb at 320x240
    I'd like flash to look the same...
    Quote Quote