VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there guys,

I don't know if you have run into this ... but - i have a problem:

When i shoot with the Sony HDR HC7 - and same time taking pictures (with the Nikon D80) every time the flash fires the video gets pixelated - for about 4 frames - 1st frame not so much, 2 frames very badly - and the last one as the 1st. Now i don't know what the problem might be - i was suspected that this happened cause i was used Standard DV tapes instead of HDV ones - but as it seems that's not really the problem - ppl say that the difference is in dropouts - not quality.
    I don't have this problem with the SD Sony VX2100 nor with the HDV Sony FX1, so ... i think that the problem is somewhere in the HC7.
    (All tests were done with the AUTO settings)

Anyone has run into this problem ? If Yes ... is there something i have missed ? Or is my camera faulty ?

Respect,
    Soreen
    To cut, or not to cut ... who is the splitter ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It will be to do with the heavy compression, and the fact that mpeg type compression is temporal and hates full frame changes - which is what you get with a bright flash. Heavy compression will show artifacts more readily than lower compression. Couple this with the camera being in Auto mode and therefore probably trying to rapidly adjust for the change in light state, and you have the worst of all possible situations for encoding.

You might try turning off auto-exposure on the camera, to see if it reduces the effect, but I suspect it is going to be an issue with this camera.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I see ... i thought so too ... cause that is not even a camera is a camcorder for home use - but we need it for this project - cause it's small and all. + we have an Underwater case that's pretty cheap - cause for the FX1 case they ask so much $ i'd better buy another camera

For now we did stopped taking pictures during scenes (only between them) - so it looks Ok ... for now

Thanks for response.

Respect,
    Soreen
    To cut, or not to cut ... who is the splitter ?
    Quote Quote