VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a minor problem with my Toshiba SD-6100KU DVD player. The player is connected to a Toshiba 42HL67 HD LCD TV.

When I connect the DVD player to the TV with the component video cables everything works fine. However, when I connect the DVD player to the TV with a HDMI cable in lieu of the component video I’m having sound problems. The sound intermittently quits for a second or two when I play a burned DVD disk. This anomaly doesn’t happen when I play retail DVD movie nor as I stated previously when the player is connect via component cables. I’ve tried several different name brand DVDR’s, both +/- discs.

Has anyone heard of a similar problem with Toshiba DVD players or another brand?

Also, the Toshiba SD-6100 is an upconvert player that will only upconvert when using the HDMI connection. But to my eye I don’t notice a difference in quality of picture when it upconverts with the HDMI in lieu of using the component cables with progressive scan enabled. Can anyone tell me if there is any advantage to using HDMI and upconverting?

Thanks in advance for any input.
    Eric
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most users won't notice any difference when using an upconverting DVD player. The reason being that most HD TV's scale all video inputs to the screen's native resolution anyway. In most instances, the TV has better scaling hardware than the DVD player. So you would only notice a difference if you have a TV with bad scaling hardware. Just switch back to your component cables.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote