VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got a 30gb iPod Video and recently realized that anytime I try to playback video on the iPod itself (either bought from iTunes or self-produced) causes the unit to crash.

1. I get a black screen (like the video is going to start)

2. No audio or video, however when toggling the wheel I am able to adjust volume (even though there is none) it shows the battery remaining, and the play button is indicated in the top left hand corner.

3. At this point there's nothing I can do. It won't let me return to previous screens. I have to press the center button + menu button to restart the iPod.

To remedy, I have tried restoring iPod to original setting and reload everything, but to no avail. Everything else on the ipod works as normal (audio, games, etc).

Does anybody have any idea's or suggestions? Is this a common problem with video Ipod's? Thank you very much!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try putting nothing but one iTunes video on it to eliminate any other causes.

This is not a common iPod issue.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm ok I'll try that. I did remove all videos except for one iTunes bought video, and that did not work, though I did have all my music on there.

I'm almost thinking there might be a virus on my iPod, is that even possible?

Oh well, I'm thinking at this point it might be a lost cause. My iPod is out of warranty service and it's probably not worth it to try to send it in for repair. I don't really watch the video very much anyways.

I was just hoping other people may have experienced this problem and could offer some advice.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have this same exact problem, I really wish I could figure out what is going on with it. One thing I did is when it appears to start to play the video, I place the ipod up to my ear and I can hear the drive spinning, then all of the sudden it stops spinning.....very stange since like you said, everythign else works great, including all the games which is video kinds of......

?????
    Quote Quote