VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    i am trying to create a menu using dvd architect by sony. when i try to import media into the program it says that i need to change the file types. the media is in avi format and dvd architect mainly suports mpeg. is there a program or way to change the avi file into mpeg? also is there any free downloadable tutorials for DVD Architect?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Architect is a DVD Authoring tool, and requires DVD compliant files.You can read about these in What is DVD (top left corner of this page). Normally DVD Architect comes with Sony Vegas, which will convert most formats to DVD compliant mpeg-2 video and AC3 audio.

However Vegas does not like Divx or Xvid, so if your source is downloaded videos, you might try converting with FAVC first, then demuxing the results so you can author with DVD Architect.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well i downloaded some movies and i just want to create a menu where i can choose witch movie to play instead of skipping through all the movies
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you don't convert to DVD format MPeg2, it won't be a Video DVD or play in a DVD player.

The whole point of DVD Architect is to make an in spec Video DVD.

What is DVD?
    https://www.videohelp.com/dvd
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use FAVC. It will convert your movies and give you a menu. Of course, once converted you can only put 2 - 3 hours of medium quality on a disc.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote