VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all, I'm watching Tivo2Go files (.tivo) in WMP11 and it looks like WMP is using the "ffdshow mpeg-4 video decoder". It plays fine and everything, but the picture quality isn't as good as it could be; it desparately needs to be deinterlaced. See an example here:
    http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s211/jlatenight/deinterlace.jpg

When I convert the .tivo to .mpg, WMP uses the same video decoder, "ffdshow mpeg-4 video decoder". Can I configure ffdshow to deinterlace, or is there a better decoder I should be using that can deinterlace on the fly and is compatible with Tivo2Go?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use VLC or The KM Player, both of which will deinterlace correctly. WMP is a poor quality player, and interlaced footage is something it has never handled well.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply gunslinger!! I installed VLC and it plays tivotogo files that I have converted to .mpg WAY better than WMP. Let me ask you this: can you somehow configure VLC to play tivotogo files "*.tivo" files? I try to play them and it's just black screen with no audio. I didn't have much luck finding something on my own. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote