VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Howdy :

Have a Video_TS folder with VOB files - play great in VLC - good picture and great sound

stream 1 is audio dtc codec

when placed in Toast 7 - no audio records - even with Perian

anyone have a clue and care to share

Cheers in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What setting are you using in Toast? Are you trying to burn it to a video DVD?

You can choose DVD-Rom (UDF) as the format in the Toast Data window, click New Disc and add the content from your VIDEO_TS folder. Give that a try.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Howdy Frobozz:

I am burning Video - DVD Video - from Video_TS ---- Toast Titanium 7

UDF would only give me a data file -
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BattyRoy
    Howdy Frobozz:

I am burning Video - DVD Video - from Video_TS ---- Toast Titanium 7

UDF would only give me a data file -
    Not so. If you have a valid VIDEO_TS folder then you can use the DVD-Rom (UDF) setting in the Data window. This also is a great way for adding other content to a disc along with the VIDEO_TS. The result will play in DVD players.

Roxio added the DVD video from VIDEO_TS option in the Video window because users expect that's where they need to be to burn video DVDs. But it works in the Data window and there's no chance of Toast changing any of the content.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Howdy Frobozz:

tried it your way - burned fine fine - no audio still

plays no problem in VLC with great audio

any more suggestions ?

cheers ya
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What are you playing this in that doesn't play the audio? Is it the Mac, your standalone DVD player or both? Using your standalone DVD player what happens when you use the Audio button to access the different audio streams? Or did this VIDEO_TS folder have the AC-3 audio stream deleted so there is only the DTS stream? As you can read in the What is DVD here at videohelp.com one track must be DD or PCM on a video DVD. The DTS stream can't be the only audio.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    howdy Frobozz:

I can only play on Mac DVD player after burned
    The VOB files have a VLC icon - when played in VLC I get audio - stream 0 MPGV
    stream 1 dts audio

When put in Toast - shows video file but audio file 0

if dts is embedded in video files - anything I can do to get this to burn with audio with Toast

Cheers for your assistance and time :
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There needs to be either an AC-3 or PCM audio track multiplexed with the Video somewhere. But I'm guessing from your description that it is missing. You probably know that some DVD players cannot play DTS and that it requires connection to a DTS-equipped AV receiver in order to play DTS audio. So it is possible this isn't a Toast issue but either a problem with the VIDEO_TS folder or your playback hardware.

When Toast burns a VIDEO_TS folder it neither adds nor removes anything unless you use the DVD Video from VIDEO_TS setting and click the Options button to select specific titles and/or audio tracks. You cannot, however, select only a DTS track as I've mentioned before. What happened to the Dolby Digital AC-3 or PCM audio track? If neither is present then you don't have a valid VIDEO_TS folder and I don't know any way to make a video DVD that has only a DTS track that will play on a standalone DVD player with audio. I'm also not aware of how to export a DTS track into a different format so it can become an AC-3 or PCM track in a newly authored VIDEO_TS folder.

Do you have MPEG Streamclip? If so, open the title set from the VIDEO_TS in Streamclip and read the description of the audio and video streams. What does it say?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Howdy Frobozz:

Path: ~TOR 3 The Mach/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB
    Type: VOB program stream

Duration: 1:44:39
    Data Size: 4.36 GB
    Bit Rate: 5.96 Mbps

Video Tracks:
    224 MPEG-2, 720 × 576, 16:9, 25 fps, 9.80 Mbps, upper field first

Audio Tracks:
    137 AC3 1+1, 48 kHz, 32 kbps

Stream Files:
    VTS_01_1.VOB (1024.00 MB)
    VTS_01_2.VOB (1024.00 MB)
    VTS_01_3.VOB (1024.00 MB)
    VTS_01_4.VOB (1024.00 MB)
    VTS_01_5.VOB (367.87 MB)

not too familiar with MPEG Slipstream - but when files are placed and opened - i get no audio or video - Only have the free version - does this make a difference?

Cheers again for your time and efforts:
    Quote Quote