VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've always used DVD Decrypter to burn. It would warn me that all data will be overwritten when a disk was full and I wanted to burn something to it. Now I have been using Imgburn. It tells me a disk needs to be formatted. When I click OK it takes 10-15 minutes to format. Is there some setting that will just overwrite the disk instead of formatting it? Thanks for any replies.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Formatted, or erased ?

What type of discs are you using ? I use -rws, and it will prompt me to erase if necessary, and usually takes 30 - 40 seconds to do so before burning.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Imgburn says the disc (-RW) needs to be erased more than likely. I'm not at my home PC. Can't I just overwrite like I can do in Decrypter?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Correction. The discs are +RW. Imgburn says they have to be formatted and that takes 10 - 15 minutes. Decrypter says disc is not empty. Data will be overwritten, do you want to continue? Click yes and within 15 seconds it starts to burn.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use -rws instead. There is a difference between the two formats. -RW doesn't need to be formatted. Try this : Under Tools - Settings - Write (tab), untick Prefer Properly Formatted +RW (right-hand column) and see what happens.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    There are several ImgBurn settings you might look to: From here: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=6232

Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the replies. I tried redwudz' suggestion of playing with settings in the forum specified. It worked with some discs but not all. guns1linger's suggestion seems to work with all.
    Quote Quote