VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'd like to be able to set the book type for +R discs to DVD-ROM, but when I attempt to do so in Img Burn I get an "Incorrect Function" error. Anyone know what the issue might be?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might look at this post at the ImgBurn forum: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=6482

I don't know if it's connected with SP1, but that's a possibility. I would uninstall ImgBurn, then re-install and see if that changes anything. Bittsetting is the default setting if you are using DVD + media and Samsung drives. They should show as 'TSSTcorp'. I have SP1 on my Vista 32 laptop that has a Samsung burner and I don't see that the DVD burner driver has been updated. Or the IDE/ATA controller drivers. I suppose it's possible something already toggled the bitsetting on and ImgBrun toggled it back to unset.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply. I tried uninstalling and then installing the new version released today but I still have the same issue. Like the person in the thread to which you linked, I too am running x64 Vista SP1. So perhaps this is an x64 issue? I take it you can change the book type on your laptop?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    nothings wrong with the SAMSUNG 203N drive when it comes to burning DVD+R media. it gives me the same error msg as well but the DVD+R media is booktyped to DVD-ROM. have you tried burning a DVD+R media with IMGBURN? try one then after it's burned you can see via IMGBURN that the disc was burned to DVDROM.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, budz. I don't have any DVD + media, so I haven't tried burning one. So maybe the ImgBurn 'error' is in error?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz
    Thanks, budz. I don't have any DVD + media, so I haven't tried burning one. So maybe the ImgBurn 'error' is in error?
    This is the error msg that I get with my S203B drive. Sorry it wasn't the exact error the OP mentioned. It could just be a error on IMGBURN's part. When doing a quality scan with a DVD-R disc burned in a S203B drive it will show up in CD/DVD SPEED that the disc was burned with a SAMSUNG 183L drive. Go figure!
    The quality scans using CD/DVD SPEED are used with BENQ & LITEON dvd burners. So it could also be a SAMSUNG error where the engineers were lazy or something.

Quote Quote