VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Since the Sanyo HD1000 outputs each scene in a separate file, I would like to join / merge those file to one without any rendering or transformation. (All work done with the PC)

I don’t care about the transition/cut from one file/scene to the other, just as long the output file has the same “quality” as the original.

And please: let this be no discussion about the device itself or the poor support Sanyo delivers , just about how to join those files quickly.

Yamb / mp4box starts joining, saves a file as large as one would expect, however when played only the ‘first’ part is shown, the merged part not or – in some cases – only the audio is present but the screen shows all white. In some cases the player (different used) just stops at the merge point, shows a white screen, no audio from there on.

Any ideas, suggestions for software on a WIN XP-System?

Any workaround

Thank you!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi there, have a look at this post using avidemux
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic348415.html

If you just want to append segments (unedited), don't change any of the frame rate, filters or resize, just "append segment"

Video sidebar "copy"
    Audio sidebar "copy"
    Format "mp4"

All this does is copy the audio & video stream into an .mp4 container, no re-encoding. The .mov container is not supported

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much, poisondeathray. And it is very fast, too. :P

It works, however the merged file is not recognized by quicktime, quicktime then only plays the audio while presenting a black screen.... hmmmm

PowerDVD and Premiere however open and do play the thing correctly, same does the normaly dumb Windows-Mediaplayer. Do you have any clue why quicktime is unwilling to cooperate?

Nevertheless: Good enough for the time being

Greetings from Europe.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi 737,

Another option for the Xacti HD1000 clips is to try MPEG streamclip with the quicktime alternative plugin (look on the author's webpage to see how to do this). It seems to work ok on my XP system, and the exported clips work with quicktime

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    P E R F E C T

This is what I've been looking for!!

Many thanks, you've saved the day.....
    Quote Quote