VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Can anyone plz tell me how to add scrolling text to my video. I want to add my name, phone number etc on my clip as scrolling text
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you have CS3, or CS2, or Premiere Pro, This is so obvious you shouldn't be asking the question.

There are several ways to get explanations. The one everyone overlooks is to RTFM.
    Second, is to click on "HELP" at the top right in Premiere, and either index it and look for titles, or rolling titles, or don't index it and under contents, choose
    "Using the Titler", and under that at the bottom, choose "Rolling and Crawling Titles"

That should get you going.

The other and more direct way is to simply go to "File-New-Title". Give it a name and it will open up the titler window.
    At the top of the window towards the left should be a box with some horizontal lines (text) with an up and down arrow to the right. If you put your mouse cursor over that, it will say "Roll-Crawl Options". Click on that. There will be a new window open where you choose what type of title it is. The default type is "Still". Click on Roll or crawl....whichever you want and then fill in the options. I normally choose my start and end off screen. That is all. Then just start typing away what you want and take care of it in the titler. When you are done, exit the titler and it will save it and put it in your project list. From there you can put it on the timeline on a video track and extend/stretch it for the length you want.

It is just a regular title that you set up with spacing, fonts, colors, fills, outlines, etc., but just make it roll or scroll.

You'll have to play with it to finalize it the way you want, but that is what you do.
    Quote Quote