VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have TDK 003 blanks (checked on DVD infopro) are they any good ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    <<<<< DVD Media.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TDK is rated as first class media. I do not use that one, but only way to try is to burn one and check it with Nero CD-DVD Speed, if your burner can use it, to see how good it is.
    This is media rating site.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    safest thing to do is drop it into nero and get the manufactorer then post here for comment.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    While I'd tend to stay away from any media code that a lot of users found problematic, and buy something that a lot of users had no problems with, ultimately how your burners, recorders and players react to it determines how good it is. Unfortunately, only time will tell you that. I used to use TDK 8X DVD-R meda (TTG02), which is rated as first class. After the first 50 disc spindle I burned, I would have said they were fine, but after the next 50 discs, I would have told you that I had decided to try something else.

Originally Posted by bendixG15 wrote
    safest thing to do is drop it into nero and get the manufactorer then post here for comment.
    DVD infopro doesn't provide that information? Seems like it should.

P.S. Some believe the country where the discs are manufactured is important too, but that is on the lable, often near the UPC code.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Used TDK without any problems-good media
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Verbatim is also reliable media.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TDK is crappy media. I believe the MEDIA ID is CMC which is crappy. Just my opinion. Use VERBATIM or TAIYO YUDEN DVD media.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tinker
    TDK is rated as first class media.
    It is perhaps better to say that TDK was rated as first class media. Recent reports for North America have them outsourcing to cheaper manufacturers such as in India with predictably bad results. The same applies to Sony, which at one time was a reliable source of DVD media in North America.

Note that in other countries such as Japan, TDK and Sony DVDs may be made by Taiyo Yuden, but here in North America both companies now just farm it out to someone who'll do it cheaply, not well.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used TDK for my dvd rs too and it works fine with me. I don't go for the brand name because I feel it's too expensive and it still gets the job done. I'm content with the cheapness. =)
    Quote Quote