VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All.

Here is my overall problem... I have an AVI file, I want to be left with just the Video (as the audio stream is in another language)...

I have a WAV and MP3 in the language I want (English), so I want to be able to add and sync this to the Video I am left with.

What is the best method to do part 1 and part 2 please?

Part 1 - Be left with just the Video File with No Audio
    Part 2 - Add my WAV OR MP3 and sync to this Video FIle.

Any help or tutorials would be great....

Thanks heaps in advance.
    [size=9]Zhare Your Info Article Publisher
    R5DVD.com Support Team
    VLCPlayer.info - My Favourite Media Player
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi incrediblej,

Parts 1 and 2 can be done easily with the free tool VirtualDub - and there's loads of guides listed on the tool's page to help with what you want to do.

The only thing that might prove tricky is getting the synch right if it's out by different amounts through the length of the video.

Good luck.
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks mate, I have searched back to front in guides and now in tools, and all I can find is how to extract the Audio from an AVI, but not the Video,.. can someone please point me to a VDubMod tutorial so I am just left with the AVI Video file with no sound?

Thanks in advance.. I have tried a few methods myself, but I am always left with the Audio.

If I disable the Audio Stream :
    Stream -> Stream List -> Disable

then save this AVI file with Full Processing, would this give me only Video, with no Audio?

Thanks again daamon and anyone else with a tutorial handy..

Cheers
    R5DVD.com Support Team
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you want to demux the audio & video streams use YAMB or avi-mux gui.

If you want to just replace the audio (combine step 1 & 2), use the newest virtualdub (1.8.0) and select audio=>audio from other file. Make sure you select video => "direct stream copy" as well

This assumes that your english audio is the same length as your video. You may have to offset it by introducing an audio delay +/-, or re-encode either audio or video to match the lengths.
    Quote Quote  
  5. ok great, I have the Video file... and a seperate Audio file, and you are correct, it is a tiny bit out (movie starts a few seconds before audio) is there any easy way to sync this, or should I just play with the delays in VDubMod?

thanks all
    R5DVD.com Support Team
    Quote Quote  
  6. You have to differentiate between a constant delay ( like 1sec all the way through) and a growing delay (in sync at first, but gets worse). You can just offset the 1st case, but you have to compress the length of either the video or audio in the 2nd case.

For the 1st scenario, audio=> interleaving => audio skew correction (enter a value)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by incrediblej
    then save this AVI file with Full Processing, would this give me only Video, with no Audio?
    "Full Processing" mode uses all the filters, codecs etc. that you set or are there by default. You probably won't have set anything, so all's good right? No - the default for VirtualDub for the video is no codec - i.e. totally uncompressed video. This means that your video file, unless it was totally uncompressed video to start with (unlikely), will have grown in filesize from somewhere between significantly (DV -> uncompressed ~ x5 in size) to massively (XVID -> uncompressed ~ loads bigger).

Set the mode to "Direct Stream Copy" - with the audio stream disabled, you'll get a direct copy of the video stream only. If you're adding audio, you'll get a direct copy of both into the one AVI file.
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote