VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey everybody.

I have had my LRH-780 for over a year now, and up until December I was loving it.
    I am a heavy recorder... I have at least 30 to 50 shows on the HDD at any time.
    I do hate the "No High-Speed Dubbing" on editted video (if anyone has firmware that fixes this,
    please let me know).

Since December I have been having nothing but trouble from the dvd drive. It will record a video,
    and I can watch it. But as soon as I eject the disc, and put it back in... it is unreadable.
    Any other dvd player will just spit it back out.

Well I have tried a number of dvd-r drives, and finally have found one that works.
    LG GSA-H50N (beige front)
    I wasn't expecting it too work since I have tried other new ones with the "N" designation, but they haven't worked.
    I don't know what it is about this drive that makes it work where the others don't, but it has solved a very frustrating problem for me.

If you have the skill with small parts like I do, you can even swap the new parts of the GSA-H50N into
    the shell of the original drive.

Just a little information to help all of us LG users
    Quote Quote  
  2. Derek
    Search Comp PM
    Hey there !
    My LRH-780 has a proprietary DVD Drive in it.
    I thought about buying an off-the-shelf unit, but the drive itself was built right into the unit.
    It is also setup to take the DVD from the front housing of the PVR itself.
    This is why I thought there might be a lens kit or something.

How did you replace parts ?
    Thanks
    Derek
    Quote Quote