VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I WAS TRYING TO BURN MY FIRST DVD WITH DVD FLICK EVERYTHING WAS FINE UNTIL I WANTED TO BURN THE DVD, I NEED 9.78 GB FREE SPACE IN C:, WHICH I DON'T HAVE, WHAT HAPPENS IF I PRESS CONTINUE, WILL MY C: DELETE?, WILL THE QUALITY OF THE DVD BE COMPROMISED? IF SO HOW MUCH?, IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN BURN DIRECTLY TO DVD, WITHOUT GOING THROUGH C:, AND AVOID THE WHOLE ISSUE?, SINCE I DON'T THINK HOW I CAN FREE 2GB, TO ALLOW THE BURN. :?
    Quote Quote  
  2. It should error out and not do the burn. If you have another hard drive, I suggest going into the settings and pointing to the other hard drive. Otherwise, you are stuck with making space on the C: drive.
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    free up some space by burning some stuff off onto a dvd
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    all CAPS is considered shouting

DVD flick is an author convert program

assuming the DVD file is completed and on your HD drive,

use ImgBurn to do the burning, choose 'buld' from the options

and do not choose 'create image' / 'create iso'

DO choose the 32k pad option,

imgburn will burn the disc without creating an image first.

if you are starting from scratch and have not yet created the DVD files

then NO, there is NO other option than space, there HAS to be enough space on at least '1' drive where the DVD file folder can be created

you don't have to make 'disc image / iso ' files, but you do have to, have enough space for the complete DVD folders & files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you all for your advise, notice no more capitals . I did figure out how to do it I don't know the terms but it is as you said, the image and a whole lot more was saved to HD, therefore I had no more space specially since I got excited with this whole downloading and I had several movies saved.

Great that you could help specially since I am quite out of this whole computer thing, now I know where to get answers, and fast too.

thxs
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try running ccleaner and doing a little spring cleaning on your PC. You can likely free up quite a bit of space. Such as opening Add/Remove Progams and uninstalling all of the apps you've installed and never used.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote