VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ChrissyBoy, after a forum search on user-defined chapter points, I found this post from a couple of years ago where you say it would be easy to add:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic278960.html#1369601
    Are you still planning on adding this or is it low on the to-do list?
    It would be great for concert videos. Alternately, I tried cutting up a .TS file into individual songs using HDTVtoMPEG2 so that each song started a new chapter in SVCD2DVD but playback stutters at each chapter point this way. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I tried cutting up a .TS file into individual songs using HDTVtoMPEG2 so that each song started a new chapter in SVCD2DVD but playback stutters at each chapter point this way.
    Did you try checking "Merge titles in a titleset before authoring" under 'settings'?
    Dwight

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Jikchung
    Did you try checking "Merge titles in a titleset before authoring" under 'settings'?
    1. Would that keep the chapter points between clips or would it merge them all into 1 chapter eliminating chapter points and thus defeating the purpose?

2. I tried your suggestion and the process just stalled at "Correcting PTS values...". I let it run all night and when I checked in the morning, there was this error log:

error.txt

The last time I tried the Merge it stalled at "Correcting PTS values..." again and I got this log file:

svcd2dvdlog-20080322112700.txt
    Quote Quote  
  4. After trying a couple of things, I got the Merge Titles to work without the process stalling, but it doesn't achieve what I'm looking for. It combines the clips into one single chapter and my original reason for splitting into smaller clips was to have a chapter point assigned for each clip. And, furthermore, the merge doesn't fix the hiccup where the 2 TS files were joined. I guess TS files don't like to be split,... or HDTVtoMPEG2 doesn't do a clean job of splitting.

Anyway, since the Merge Titles thing is not an issue anymore, I'm still just wondering if User-defined chapter points are in the cards. This is a great program as it is but I was just wondering.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure if this is what you want to achieve, but if you have several clips and want the chapter points at the start/end of each clip, a workaround is to set the chapter point timing longer than the longest clip.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Lord Flange
    Not sure if this is what you want to achieve, but if you have several clips and want the chapter points at the start/end of each clip, a workaround is to set the chapter point timing longer than the longest clip.
    Maybe I wasn't clear. If, for example, I had a single 1-hour clip of a concert that contained 20 songs, I would like to put a chapter marker at the start of each song. The only way to get that result now is to chop the 1-hour clip into 20 song clips and set the "chapter point frequency" to "every 0 mins (none)" so that by default SVCD2DVD starts a new chapter at the start of every song clip. But like I wrote earlier, this method causes a little hiccup where each song joins the next instead of having a smooth flowing concert from beginning to end.
    Quote Quote