VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've got two video files with late audio...I've tried the MPC audio time shift thing, but it only works for the first second or so (if at all, it's hard to tell). After that, the audio slips five or so seconds behind again (disclaimer: my time estimation skills are practically nonexistant). What's the solution?

A third file is out of sync in VLC, but plays fine in MPC...am I doomed for a life of fiddling around to play it, or can that be fixed?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What kind of video/audio formats? Most times what you describe is because the audio and video files are different lengths. That causes the sync error to change as the file plays. An audio offset like MPC or VirtualDub can do only works if you need to add a delay or increase the delay to the start of the file.

Sync errors can be caused by VBR audio, bad cuts and joins, bad framerate conversions, (Like PAL<>NTSC) or corrupted audio or video, and probably a few others. If you created the files yourself, there must be something amiss with your process. And it's much easier to prevent than fix.
    Quote Quote