VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i have got mp3 files with low bitrate( 64kpbs) i want to increase the bitrate so that the quality will be much better. how can i do that? thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Just because you re-encode to a higher bitrate does not mean it will make it better quality

MP3 is a LOSSY format, it is compressed by discarding information, once it is gone, it is gone, you can never get it back.

Increasing bitrate will only make the file larger, not any better.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you have the original source, you can encode an mp3 with a higher bitrate the first time around.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes there is no point in upcoding a mp3. You will not gain anything. You can't make something from nothing (there isn't an audio equivalent of upscaling like dvd upscaling as far as I know). Your only real option is to use the original source and create a higher bitrate file from the original.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. some audio players don't accept lower bitrate files. that is why asked for enhancing the bitrate. thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by sumeshkri
    i have got mp3 files with low bitrate( 64kpbs) i want to increase the bitrate so that the quality will be much better. how can i do that? thanks
    Find a genie in a bottle and rub him/her the right way.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sumeshkri
    some audio players don't accept lower bitrate files. that is why asked for enhancing the bitrate. thanks
    If that's all you want, use any of these audio tools:
    LameXP
    BeSweet
    MediaCoder

See https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/audio-encoders for more.

As others have noted, you can't improve the quality though.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stantheman1976
    Originally Posted by sumeshkri
    i have got mp3 files with low bitrate( 64kpbs) i want to increase the bitrate so that the quality will be much better. how can i do that? thanks
    Find a genie in a bottle and rub him/her the right way.
    Hmmmmmm... A p0rn post!
    Reported.
    Quote Quote