VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there any way to limit the playback of my .wmv video to just the first 20 seconds?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Well, there are free programs that will let you split WMV files, so you could put 20 seconds as the split point and get 1 segment with the first 20 segments and another segment with the rest of the video. The you would just simply use only the 20 second segment. If you are looking for an approach that will let you have a much longer clip but only play 20 seconds of it, then no, I don't think you can do that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is exactly what I am looking for, but how can I secure this? They can easily see the file and play the whole thing. I have a Windows Media Streaming server also if that helps.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do not think you can totally secure this. Just make it a little harder for the 'right-click/save' mob.

Something like have the url to the 'asx' in one location but the movie in another.

Even with other protocols like RTSP, the true url will eventually be revealed.

Ultimately, assuming you are wishing to password protect the access to the full clip, it is easier to create another short version as the preview.
    Quote Quote