VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For example, I can watch an .avi file while it is downloading because of the header information being at the start of the file. I can also watch an .mpg file while it is being encoded by SUPER...

However, when it comes to .mp4, .mov and .3gp I cannot watch the video while it is being encoded from *usually* an .avi format, which does not play on the iPod.

Is there any way I can watch a video while it is being encoded by SUPER using any sort of container/encoding combination? If there was and I could stream the video file as it was being encoded to my iPod wirelessly, that would be amazing!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you are confusing me with your question

it sounds to me like you are opening your mpg, with (2) different programs at the same time, one is streaming to your ipod, the other is encoding

AFAIK super does not offer any preview mode while encoding, for any file type

although it does offer a capture mode, for web streams

capture and encode/conversion are (2) different processes

you might be watching the capture stream as it comes in,

but encoding is either faster than real time or slower than real time,

usually with NO sound available , and NOT suitable for actual viewing, although preview mode of some encoders, gives you a visual check on quality
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VLC can open and play a file while it's being recorded. At least MPEG files from my Hauppauge.
    Quote Quote