VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am totally new to all aspects of DVD authoring and converting files. What I would like is a programme that will enable me to make my own DVD's from film recorded on my digicam, adding menus and sound tracks as well. I also want to convert Divx and Xvid films to DVD, not necessarily adding anything other than perhaps to enhance the sound, but this is not essential. I want a programme if possible that will do all this and synchronise the sound as well. I have narrowed this down to 2 programmes, both of which I have downloaded the demo/trial versions. One of them is of course SVC2DVD, my main attraction is the layout, the Tutorials and this Forum, but being very new to this I am not sure if this will do all I have listed above, or will I need other software to go with this. I believe the prices of the two programmes are the same; however I am not completely sure of the price of SVCD2DVD. Is the registration fee all I have to pay, or is this in addition to purchasing the programme.

I apologise if I have used the wrong forum, or if I am asking too much in my Posting. If so, I am quite happy to correspond via my email address is that is the best way of getting my questions answered.

Thank you for your patience
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is with regret that it loks as though I will have to go for the other programme. I have not received any replies to this post and cannot therefore find out the additional information I need about SVCD2DVD before purchase. Thanks to those who did at least view my post. It is unfortunate that there is not any way of getting in touch with the company marketing this product in order to clarify pre sale information.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You should try posting your question in the SVCD2DVD forum - https://forum.videohelp.com/svcd2dvd-general-f37.html

SVCD2DVD is a great program. You will be hard pressed to find any other dvd making software that will do what it does for the price. To answer your question - the registration fee is all you pay. This will allow you to use the full version on up to 3 computers.

I highly recommend it!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by k_vic
    You should try posting your question in the SVCD2DVD forum - https://forum.videohelp.com/svcd2dvd-general-f37.html

SVCD2DVD is a great program. You will be hard pressed to find any other dvd making software that will do what it does for the price. To answer your question - the registration fee is all you pay. This will allow you to use the full version on up to 3 computers.

I highly recommend it!
    Thanks for your reply k_vic it's much appreciated. I have now swung back to SVCD2DVD as my first choice, based on your info and recommendation. Will I need any other software other than the programme itself, or is this all I need for my requirements as stated in my original posting? I would appreciate this final piece of info. Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'll move you to the SVCD2DVD forum.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SVCD2DVD will do what you require, if i understand your wishes. Have you tried the demo to see if it does? The demo should not limit you particularly in your testing.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you Neophyte for putting me on the right forum. In answer to Chrissy Boy, yes I have tried the demo and it appeared to do what I need, but I was unable to burn a disc due to a problem at my end, nothing to do with the demo. I like all that I have seen and heard, but my only concern was about sound synchronisation and enhancement if and when necessary, and if any additional software would be needed. I guess I am being a little over cautious as I am so new to DVD authoring and conversion to different formats. However based on what you have told me and the recommendation from k_vic I think I am correct in assuming that I will not need additional software for my current requirements?

I have spent a long time researching the various programmes available and tried many demos, but as well as the liking the interface, I am also impressed by the tutorials and the support being given on this forum, to the extent that I really want to purchase SVCD2DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm thinking a lot of programs can satisfy your needs whether it be Vegas or Pinaccle Studio 11. It's really up to you on where you want to invest your money. The 3 serial key add in times do sound appealing though.
    Quote Quote