VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Has anyone picked up and watched The Ark of Truth movie?

Was it any good? I was hoping it was good for closure for the series. I liked it better than the Atlantis series.
    The Ori kinda brought in a new concept and foe to the series. I thought they were going to at least do one more season. Too bad they didn't.

Plus, did they leave the end of the movie, Ark of Truth, open to do another movie like the Star Trek movies?
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yea, they wrapped up the Ori storyline in this one completely. I thought it was very anticlimatic personally. It just seemed like the producers were just trying to hurry up and finish it. They did leave it open for new stories at the end though, with the team setting off to explore a new planet. Its a shame RDA wasn't able to make an appearance in this one.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I rented it just tonight. Plan to watch Friday.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ?????????

Is this for the SG1 series? Was this direct to video then? Is it widescreen plus 5.1 like all the tv show dvds????

I'm so getting it......
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    ?????????

Is this for the SG1 series? Was this direct to video then? Is it widescreen plus 5.1 like all the tv show dvds????

I'm so getting it......
    Where have you been ??

This has been known about for a loooooooooooooooong time!!!!!!!!!

Hang your sci-fi head in shame :/

Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Noahtuck
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    ?????????

I'm so getting it......
    Hang your sci-fi head in shame :/

no shite
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ?????

Oops......
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This was news around early 2007. Yeah. There's suppose to be two non-theater release
    (or, direct-to-dvd) release. I'm a little upset because they pulled the plug on the tv series,
    Farscape around August/2007, and then a thought occured..

---

( ..so that got me to thinking that there was a fall-back plan for Ben Browder and Claudia Black
    to return to the Farscape series but in similar aspects much like SG1 's two release just noted above.
    But this is just my own personal theories. I'm obvisouly wrong, but can't help it, this time.. cause I
    loved that show. And to be quite honest, I always felt that they put these two great actors in the
    SG1 series as a temporary cusion till something unique or other injenious plan to bring back to life,
    Farscape. But I don't know. I'm just a fool with lots of wishful thinking )

-vhelp 4587
    Quote Quote  
  9. I watched it with the prelogue, and after watching it, I didn't realize I missed a few of the last episodes...bummer.

I did watch the extras, and they all kept mentioning 2 movies. However, I don't remember there being 2 movies with this cast. I know the first one with Kurt Russell is the only other one. Do you think they made another one at the same time or are they talking about Stargate Atlantis the Rising?

Even though they seemed to make a few jumps and left out some details I would have liked to of seen, I liked it over all
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I vaguely recall back around early 2007 that there was talk about doing a first one. In a few of
    the readings that I came across there was "gossip" talk about Ben and Claudia being a part of
    the members. That was for the first SG1 direct-to-dvd release, then. During that time there
    was also talk about a second SG1 direct-to-dvd release but that they were doing
    some ironing out of the details -- I think they wanted to keep the hype (talk) going about the
    two cast, Ben and Claudia being in this one also, so they let it drag on a little longer, and then
    they finally release the details that they were also being added in the second release. That one
    was suppose to be in (warning: spelling) Ant-Artica and somethign to do with actaul US Navel
    personnel or whatever, I forget cause it was a long time ago I heard, and I was't really
    paying much attention.

-vhelp 4590
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by vhelp
    I vaguely recall That one
    was suppose to be in (warning: spelling) Ant-Artica and somethign to do with actaul US Navel
    personnel or whatever, I forget cause it was a long time ago I heard, and I was't really
    paying much attention.

-vhelp 4590
    Yeah, that was the SG Atlantis The Rising. However that was a made for TV movie and not a direct to DVD movie. Kinda like a extended pilot for Atlantis IMO
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was at bestbuy yesterday and didn't see it there. Is it out of print already or are they jus tnot keeping a large stock of it?
    Quote Quote  
  13. I bought it off of Amazon (check there Yoda) when it came out and I thought it was great! It did an excellent job of wrapping up the Ori storyline and all the characters were in top performance. One concern I could see people having with this movie would be the lack of good character moments since they have to fit so much plot info into it, but I don't think that was the case. Each of the characters had at least one good moment of character development, ie Teal'c talking to Tolkin on the Odyssey and telling him to fight for others.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I picked it up today.

I am currently in the beginning of Season 8 for SG1. I never saw the episode where Jack got promoted to General. That was nice.

I have all 10 seasons on dvd - official store bought with 5.1 surround sound - a very nice set. When I finish season 10 I will watch the Ark of Truth.

I did see the last several episodes of Season 10 and the finale. Though I did not see all of seasons 9 and 10 so there are a lot of holes for me in the Mitchel series.
    Quote Quote  
  15. the second stargate movie should be out soon too!
    Quote Quote  
  16. July 29th

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Cool

@ Stiltman by third do you mean in addition to the Kurt Russell original? This being third Continuum after Ark of the truth?
    Quote Quote  
  18. yep
    Quote Quote  
  19. July 29th

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the update Stiltman.

Any news on length? Is this going to be post-ORI? Is Carter in it even though she's now on Atlantis? What about Mitchel and Valla?

I am finally into season 9 on my complete Stargate SG1 collection. I am starting disc 3 with the next show I start. This makes a lot more sense now. I really didn't follow closely except for the last half of season 10 so I didn't know the ORI story at all.

I am looking forward to completing 9 and 10 so I can watch the ARK OF THE TRUTH and know what is really about.
    Quote Quote  
  21. This is a full length film - at least 90 min I'd guess. It is post Ori, from my understanding it is separate from that whole arc. I could put in some spoilers about which characters (not SG-1) will be in it but if you want those just PM me. Carter will be in it, if you watched the Atlantis season premiere she goes back to earth specifically for this so that'll be good. Mitchel and Vala though I hear Vala's role will be smaller. Also RDA will be in it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MACGYVERS BACK! Yeah that will be worth it Thanks Garibaldi. That will be all I need. I'll definitely be picking it up.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Yeah it looks great! Also the new season of SGA is awesome! Robert Picardo is back in scifi! You should be able to find a full-length trailer on YouTube now, I've been seeing them on Scifi for about a week now
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    BUMP!

Just checked the new Bestbuy ads for next week and guess what:

STARGATE CONTINUUM IS AVAILABLE ON BLURAY!

Yep Continuum is coming out on Bluray. I'll finally be buying my fourth Bluray disc. I have Xmen 3, Final Fantasy, and the original Stargate movie on Bluray. Most of the others movie I want on Bluray are either not released yet or I have the dvds. I am not ready to replace a lot of my dvds with bluray until the prices come down. I'm not spending 30.00 a pop on a movie I already have on dvd that looks pretty darn good in 16:9 upconverted to 1080i. Especially since I only have a 1080i 1366x768 lcd tv.

I will start buying more eventually. I'm looking forward to buying Indy 4 (and hopefully the original trilogy) on bluray. I also want Dark Night on bluray - I already have Batman Begins on HDDVD so I don't need a Bluray copy unless my 360 addon dies.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    EDIT: moved to a new topic. See my last post, below, #4777

-vhelp 4775
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @VHELP - what movie is that? Blade Runner? I have it on dvd I just still haven't watched it yet.......
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    EDIT: moved to a new topic. See my last post, below, #4777

-vhelp 4776
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Which version of Blade Runner should I get? I considered buying the most recent DVD last week, the extended director's cut or whatever it was. Is the Laserdisc better in some way? (As is the case with a number of pre-DVD movies.)
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    EDIT: To keep the subject on topic, I hope you all don't mind that I moved parts of my responses on "Blade Runner" to a new topic, over here:

--> Laserdisc: Blade Runner -- vhelp; July 26, 2008 16:00

-vhelp 4777
    Quote Quote