VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All,
    Not sure if this is the right section or not.

I'm taking MPEG2 files, captured OTA, and using Avisynth/WMNicEnc to encode to VC-1, with the intention of using TSMuxer and TSremuxer to create blu-ray folders to burn to DVD+R. After encoding I end up with a WMV file, which plays fine with windows media player, but TSMuxer doesn't recognize the VC-1 stream. I used Mplayer to strip out the raw video stream but TSMuxer still doesn't recognize the stream.

Is there some simple step I'm missing?

TIA

Brian
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    This section is only for Blu-ray to blu-ray backups. Moving you to our blu-ray authoring forum instead.

Does tsmuxer support vc1? Does it mention it the readme? Or else would I convert to h264/avc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    TSmuxer 1.4.6 says it supports VC-1 video.
    Use ASF2VC1 for getting a compliant elementary stream from an ASF container.
    { http://www.ftyps.com/unrelated/asf2vc1/ }
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well Midzuki, ASF2VC1 seems to be the step I was missing. Although for some reason after I extract the stream, TSMuxer thinks the frame rate is 23.97, instead of 29.97. But that's easy to fix with TSMuxer. I'm encoding a 45 minute clip right now so I expect to know sometime tonight how it looks playing in my bluray player.

Much Thanks

Brian
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, I have discovered TSremux assumes every 29.97fps video is
    "necessarily" a 23.976fps video with pulldown flags --- which is a bad feature
    if you happen to be dealing with a progressive 29.97fps source (the resulting
    m2ts file will become a macroblock festival when played back )
    The safe choice is to run asf2vc1.exe with the option "-nfrm" and then
    input the correct framerate in the TSmuxerGUI window. Good-luck!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm, that's interseting.

Initially I let TSmuxer just let it go with 23.97, even though I specified 29.97 when encoding. After muxing the m2ts I played it in PowerDVD ultra and it played back jerky. Not a random jerking, but almost like a strobe effect. I muxed it again with TSmuxer set to 29.97 and it played fine in PowerDVD.

I'll try the "-nfrm" option.

I did mux a 720p movie last week with TSmuxer, but TSMuxer had correctly identified it as 29.97fps. But when played back it was showing a similar jerking. I was assuming it was to high a bitrate for the DVD+R discs or my Samsuck BD-P1200 player, or both. That was an MPEG2 file.

Again, you're very helpful, thanks

Brian
    Quote Quote