VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, all,

I've done some searching and I can't seem to find any information on this error (not even from LG's own support, which is another story...). When viewing DVD's (I haven't tried it with other disc formats yet) my LG LDA-531 player, which was working perfectly up until two weeks ago, will sometimes halt in the middle of playback and show an on screen error message that says "No Memory Card Present." In order to get it going again, I have to open and close the disc tray. I can't seem to find any information on this error, so I'm hoping one of you good citizens will be able to help out as to a cause and hopefully a solution. Thanks.

Phil

P.S. LG's wonderfully crafted manual has such nuggets of wisdom in its troubleshooting section as "Symptom: My DVD Player does not work. Possible Cause: There is no disc in the player. Insert a disc."
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Some players allow playback of video files from memory cards/usb devices. The fact that you are getting the error while playing a normal DVD, would seem to indicate you have some sort of hardware issue/failure. Normal troubleshooting steps likely wouldn't apply in this case.

Ensure the memory card slot is free of debris/dirt and/or try leaving the unit unplugged for 30+ minutes to see if it will reset. Aside from that, you are likely looking at repair (if it's under warranty/maintainance contract) or replacement.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote