VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just started using AVSEdit, I looked at some tutorials and I tried to replicate what I've seen into my own script but every time I try to use any filters or anything I get an error message saying (This is after I clicked on 'external preview):

I think its something to do with my video, but I don't know how to fix it, anyone know?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You haven't actually done anything in your script. Start reading some of the avisynth documentation at avisynth.org, including the sample scripts.

First, you need to load the video. You can try

DirectShowSource("pathtovideo")

or you can use DGIndex on your VOB file, then load the .d2v file it creates. That is a more complicated way to do it.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've done that, and added the fps (which is a long no, I used G-Spot) and nothing happens, I put my path in quotes.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Does the file play normally in a media player? (which one are you using)

Are you able to render the file normally without filters (using the loaded script)?

Please post your script here in text format (just copy&paste)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The file only plays in WinDVD, it is a .VOB file at 4.46GB, it does not open with windows media player 11, because of this, I cannot preview my current work in it, so what do I use.

Here is my script:

# Created by AVSEdit
    # Mateusz 04/03/2008
    DirectShowSource("C:\Documents and Settings\Mateusz\My Documents\My Videos\Hairspray (2007).vob",25)
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm not sure what the ",25" argument is supposed to do, do you mean "fps=25"? Just take it out for now and see if it opens with virtualdub

Do you have a current version of avisynth installed? (i think 2.5.7)

You should be able to open your script in virtualdub or media player classic to preview if everything is working properly. If you cannot even playback normally in a media player, that suggests that you are probably missing a codec
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have k-lite codec pack
    Quote Quote  
  8. Not to discourage you from learning about avisynth, but VOB's and MPG's are usually handled better by using DGIndex to create a .d2v file and DGDecode_mpeg2source - as guns1inger suggested

What are you ultimately trying to do to your VOB?

The "crop" argument cuts pixels off each frame - are you trying to do that or did you really want to "trim" frames?

MPC comes with k-lite. Did you try opening the .avs with MPC or virtualdub? Did you check for avisynth version? Can you playback the VOB with MPC?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used DGIndex, I demuxed my video and remuxed it using ImagoMPEG-Muxer, I then used delay cut to sync the audio with the visuals but the video was terribly out of sync (I don't even understand why it was described as out of sync in the first place, looked perfect to me).

With my .VOB, I want to 'autocrop' the movie by removing the black bars on either side the video. I don't understand the difference between Trim and autocrop.

I have the latest AVIsynth version but the .VOB still doesn't play back with MPC or WMP11, only plays back using WinDVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You want to crop off the sides, then do what with it ? You can't turn it back into a VOB without either resizing (and therefore distorting the image) or putting black bars back.

If you are happy to encode it as an avi file, then you would find virtualdubmpeg2 much easier to use for this exercise.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Trim() selects ranges of frames. For example Trim(0, 100) selects frames 0 to 100 and ingores the rest of the video.

Crop() removes the edges of frames. Crop(2, 4, -6, -8) crops 2 lines off the top, 4 lines off the left, 6 lines off the right, and 8 lines off the bottom
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just want to crop the .VOB, then convert it to H.264/AVC format so I can use it on the PSP.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Nitro89
    I just want to crop the .VOB, then convert it to H.264/AVC format so I can use it on the PSP.
    LOL you should have mentioned this first

I strongly suggest ripbot264. It is super easy to use, automated, and has a PSP profile. It generates a script for you, and you can preview it, crop it, and resize it while viewing the preview. You can specify bitrates, some other options but it really it's just a few clicks.

Good luck
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    how do you preview the script using ripbot264, it doesn't work for me
    Quote Quote  
  15. Properties => Push the button "preview script" There are other cropping & resizing options when you push ">" to get to other menus

If you can't render it in MPC, or other media players, you probably need to clean up your codecs

Since you already have k-lite, use the codec tweak tool and check: detect broken codecs, broken directshow filters, register base directshow filters (quartz.dll), (the 1st 4 options)

If this doesn't work, uninstall & reinstall only the codecs that you need.

If that doesn't work, you may have to manually create a .d2v file and use DGDecode_mpeg2source (However, this script will only work if you can render with proper codecs in the first place)

If that doesn't work, this suggests that you have a problem with your VOB (corrupted perhaps) => try re-ripping your DVD
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    when using ripbot264, if my audio is delayed by 1320ms, under the option 'a/v same length', what do I choose, I have an option of 'cut, stretch, and off'
    Quote Quote  
  17. I've never had to use that option, try it out, or ask the developer Atak_Snajpera on Doom9 - He visits and answers questions almost daily http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=127611

Was the audio delay there before encoding?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    so far, I have used DGIndex to demux the file, I then used Delaycut, chose 'fix' (don't know if that is the correct option you pick, if anyone knows, tell me), I then tried remuxing it using ImagoMPEG-Muxer, but the end product is still very out of sync, what aren't I doing properly?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Before muxing or using delaycut you can confirm the delay by opening the demuxed audio and video in Media Player Classic, and using the number pad + and - keys until you have it in sync. MPC - File -> Open File -> Open (video)/Dub (audio). Do this before delaycut to confirm the delay, and after delaycut to confirm the sync is now correct. If you then get sync problems after muxing, imago is at fault.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Nitro89
    I then used Delaycut, chose 'fix' (don't know if that is the correct option you pick, if anyone knows, tell me)...
    No, don't tick the "Fix" button. First find out the amount of the delay. guns1inger's method is one way. Fill in that same amount in the "Start" box of the "Delay" section of DelayCut. Leave everything else alone. Then "Process".

By the way, guns1inger, that method is a bit easier than the one I've been recommending which involves going Options->Audio Switcher and setting and then adjusting the delay in there. I've seen you mention this method a couple of times now, so thanks for the tip.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can't take full credit for it. I used do it through the option menus as well until someone else here (I can't remember who now) pointed the + and - keys trick. Nice and interactive - which is good.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Before muxing or using delaycut you can confirm the delay by opening the demuxed audio and video in Media Player Classic, and using the number pad + and - keys until you have it in sync. MPC - File -> Open File -> Open (video)/Dub (audio). Do this before delaycut to confirm the delay, and after delaycut to confirm the sync is now correct. If you then get sync problems after muxing, imago is at fault.
    That doesn't work in MPC, the audio stays in the exact same place even when I increase the delay by 10000ms. Why is the original VOB file in sync but when I demux it, and remux it, it goes way out of sync
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It does work - that's how I fix sync problems.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I stop the video every time I change the audio, but nothing changes
    Quote Quote  
  25. MPC is my default player, and when testing out the method guns1inger described (holding down the + or - keys) it made very obvious on-the-fly changes in the audio synch. It even shows you the amount it's delaying the audio at the bottom of the screen. And one nice thing about it is after you close it the delay goes back to zero, unlike the other method where you have to set the delay back to zero, or else the next time you open a video that previous delay remains in effect.
    Why is the original VOB file in sync but when I demux it, and remux it, it goes way out of sync
    One likely possibility is that there was a delay in the original VOB that you didn't take into account when remuxing. If you used DGIndex, then another possibility is that you decrypted incorrectly, not taking into account some new-fangled protection, which often sticks in bogus cells which can mess up the audio synch. If this is the Hairspray DVD still, it's infested with ARccOS which does that sort of thing. But it's still easy to fix if you have the AC3 track and use DelayCut to get rid of the delay.
    Quote Quote  
  26. One note about MPC: I had to enable its internal audio switcher for the audio delay feature to work. View -> Options -> Internal Filter -> Audio Switcher -> Enable built in audio switcher...
    Quote Quote  
  27. Good find. When I opened mine to that place I found the box already checked. I don't remember checking it, but probably had to a long time ago to make the audio time shift box work. When I unchecked the box, hit "Apply", closed and then reopened MPC, I could no longer do the +/- thing. I apologize to Nitro89 for thinking he was doing something wrong.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Must have been a default once and then been changed in later releases. I have never changed that setting myself, and never had an issue. Odd.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  29. It's possible I had turned it off at some point in the past. I'm using using 6.4.9.1.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote