VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Soopafresh thanks much for excellent job!!!

I spent many days by searching how to convert our AVCHD video - tried many tools, also MediaCoder, but without success.
    Today I found this thread, downloaded mts_2_xvid with the bat file and it works fine without any complicated settings necessary.
    thanks much
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi There:

WOW...found this forum when I searched google for an mts converter...

I ran through all of your steps at the top and I am having a little problem. I installed AviSynth 2.5 and downloaded/extracted the .rar file and put the .mts file in the same directory as the unzipped files were...so far so good (ha ha...that was the easy part)

Now when I double click _multi_demux_mts_Xvid.bat and run that it creates a bunch of other files (well 6 to be exact) with a .wav and .avi which when I opened up the .avi it gave me the following error message actually playing on the screen instead of the video with no audio or video:

loadPlugin:"dgavcdecode.dll" is not an Avisynth 1.0 plugin

Screen shot:

The image isn't the greatest because something is up with the txt in the picture both on my computer...I don't know but you get the idea of what is going on...

Anything I can try?

Adam Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. nobody??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    1) did you wait until the command prompt closed?
    2) are you sure, that you installed the last version of Avisynth?

on my pc it works ok
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    1) did you wait until the command prompt closed?
    2) are you sure, that you installed the last version of Avisynth?

on my pc it works ok
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    scottyadam, you've got too old of an Avisynth version installed. Use 2.58

http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=57023&use_mirror=garr&filename...2.exe&19898557

Heliooos, thank you for your kind words
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just used this guide to convert 169 mts files from japanese camera.
    I wanted to edit these files with and combine them european standard xdcam ex1 format.
    A few interlacing problems at first, but found workarounds within the editor.
    The result was alot better then expected.
    Great guide Soopafresh, saved me hours of extra work ^^
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Neither this
    this is where i dont get it:

3- Unzip, and drag your MTS files into the same folder. Double click _multi_demux_mts_Xvid.bat to process

4 - Once it is done, you'll find the Xvid AVIs in the same folder
    or this

Originally Posted by Soopafresh
    Thanks for the new (at least for me) solution Soopafresh! It's first result in Google in the moment (keywords "mts to avi").

The women have been flocking to me as a result of my newly found celebrity status

Is this one the best video quality/time consuming method in the moment?

Hard disk space is so cheap these days, you might want to consider just storing the original .MTS files on an external USB drive - the kind you can get from any electronics store. It all depends on how important the footage is. If it's family stuff, storing the originals on a hard drive will give you more options in the future as conversion technology gets better.

I like the output from the Vimeo script I put together. It makes 1280x720 h264 MP4 at 6000kbs. Not as fast as the Xvid script you've been using, but it might be worth the time. Try it out.

https://forum.videohelp.com/images/guides/p1814962/avchd_convert__vimeo_v7.zip

You'll probably want to choose the _multi_demux_mts_HQ_Vimeo_PAL.bat script. If your camera is shooting progressive, then the _multi_demux_mts_HQ_Vimeo_25p_Source.bat script would be better. I'm assuming your camera records at 25fps since you're in Europe.
    Seem to work on m2ts files? Im running Vista btw.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @dilfatx -Rename the file extensions from .M2TS to .MTS and try it again.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @dilfatx -Rename the file extensions from .M2TS to .MTS and try it again.
    WOW that worked! Hope I am not speaking too soon lol but so far files are converting nicely using the mts_2_xvid bat you posted.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I know, that this is not the right thread for this question but this issue is related to the tools presented here.

I trying to sort files on my hard disc and found plenty of mpg files from our older camera (info from Gspot):

DVD "VOB" format
    MPEG-2 Program Stream << { 1 vid, 1 aud }
    Sys Bitrate: 9667 kb/s
    720 x 576

I would like to easily convert them all to xvid avi, but I have limited possibilities of installing apps at work (user account). I already used the scripts from this thread to convert some AVCHD files and would be nice, if there could be something similar for this issue too. Encoding every single file in virtualdub or avidemux is annoying.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Is there a script to convert mts/m2ts into quicktime?
    Help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Actually, I've rethought my issue. Instead, is there a script to convert the .mts files into ntsc dv widescreen (or whatever the closest thing to dvd quality is that keeps the aspect ratio at true 16:9)?
    Help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thanx. I tried it but I'm not getting any .avs files after running the batch file. A cmd window pops up for a split second and then disappears.
    I have avisynth2.5.8 installed as well as the k-lite codec pack.

It's probably something I need to uninstall/reinstall. What order do you think I should go in?
    Help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    btw, these are a series of .mts files (10 @ appr 2gb each) that came from my sony hdr-sr12 that I used tsmuxer to merge into one 19 gb file.
    Help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ah, that's the problem. TSmuxer changes the PID in the transport stream and so the demuxing process in the batch file doesn't work as a result. You can try the DirectShowSource Method, copy this batch file into the same folder as the MTS file and it should make AVS files at 856x480 1:1 Aspect Ratio

https://forum.videohelp.com/images/guides/p1923434/directshowsource_856x480.zip

And if that doesn't work:

VoltaicHD or NeoScene
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thanks again. I tried that and got this error: "AviSynth open failure: Unable to load C Plugin: yadif.dll". I uninstalled avisynth and restarted my machine, reinstalled avisynth and still got the same error. Any ideas?
    Help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, put that directshow batch file into the same folder as this https://forum.videohelp.com/images/guides/p1814962/avchd_convert_v8.zip

Place the MTS file in the same folder as well.

BTW, XVID4PSP is worth a try if you want a GUI
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Duh. I totally realized that the batch needed to go into the avchdconvert folder and I checked the thread and you've stated exactly that. Thanks for being nice about it. Sometimes, I wake up stupid.
    OK. I tried that and got this error: "Avisynth open failure: DirectShowSource: Could not open as video or audio. Video returned: DirectShowSource: Timeout waiting for graph to start. Audio returned: DirectShowSource: RenderFile, the filter or graph manager won't talk to me."
    That's one I've never seen before.
    Help!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello all

I'm currently travelling aroundd the world and i don't have enough disk space with me to save all my MTS file; the deal is then to post them on a ftp and a friend of mine picks and saves them.

to ease this, i've then tried to turn them into avi thanks to the Soopafresh "_multi_demux_mts_Xvid.bat "method (thanks agin, that was very very very helpful)

but it takes days (really) to upload big files (100 Mo)!!! is that possible to fine tune the Soopafresh method to get lower quality avi films at the end??

thanks a lot for your answer
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, sure but as you know, the quality is going to suffer somewhat. Open up the multi_demux_mts_xvid.bat file in Notepad and go down to the last line. I've highlighted the values you'll want to play with:

* -Maxrate must always be a greater number than -b

Try a value of 1500 and 1200 and adjust accordingly.

You can also try Xvid4PSP, which should give you greater control over the bitrate and size of your output files, especially if you use h264 MP4
    Quote Quote  
  22. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you are looking for something to make it less complicated, you could always look into software like, Golden Videos from NCH Software. That will convert between all kinds of different file formats and it has a 14-day free trail, so you can try it out to see if it does what you need. http://www.nchsoftware.com/goldenvideos/index.html

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator redwudz

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That app converts from VHS videos to AVI or Mpeg
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi guys
    thank you so much !

i'll try the Soopafresh "-maxrate" method

that'll really help me a lot!

i'll keep you posted!

thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi again
    I tried to change some parameters like you guys told me

here is the line i used in the file:

for %%a in ("*.avs") do ffmpeg.exe -i "%%a" -threads auto -vcodec xvid -s 720x400 -maxrate 1500k -b 1200k -qmin 3 -qmax 5 -bufsize 4096 -acodec mp3 -ar 48000 -ab 160k -ac 2 -y "%%~na_xvid.avi"

but for some reason, i can't read the xvid created (wmp tries to search codecs and gives up)...

strange because everything looks good, all the files are created, the avi are half the size than before... but wmp tries to search codecs to read them and gives up...

any ideas?
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  26. FYI: The DGAVCIndex in the rar file in note 2 crashes under Vista; there is an updated version at http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Other-VIDEO-Tools/DGAVCDec.shtml

Thanks Soopafresh...greate post!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    First off thank you for all the help I was unable to get anywhere on this until now.

However when I follow the conversion instrutions the AVI file is only ever half the length of the actual video. The pictures play at *2 but the sound is perfect.

Any further help would be very welcome

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hi folks - trying to use Avisynth to convert MTS to AVI.. or anything really. no joy. 1st I downloaded v. 2.0 something... ran the batch file _multi_demux_mts_Xvid.bat and got 6 files, the AVi came up with the error meesage about the dll not being native blah blah...

so then I read another thread saying that version is too old, scrub it and download 2.5.7 or 8... done that, but there's no _multi_demux_mts_Xvid.bat to run.. and no executable or anything else... where do I go from here?

Pulling my hair out!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here you go. It's really, really easy. Follow the steps, and you'll have High Quality xvid AVIs in a matter of minutes.

1- Install Avisynth

2- Download Mts 2 Xvid

mts_2_xvid.rar

3- Unzip, and drag your MTS files into the same folder. Double click _multi_demux_mts_Xvid.bat to process

4 - Once it is done, you'll find the Xvid AVIs in the same folder

Hello all

Many thanks for these infos months ago, they are quite help- and useful for my needs with my
    CANON HF100.

Now what I am looking for is to integrade a modified wav-file back to the avi. I saw that there
    is a azid.exe which is extracting (in the batch command called "do azid" with options) a wav-file
    from the mts-file.

Is there any command line possible with this package to put back a modified wave-file to the
    avi-file again? My intention is to keep the file length oft the wav, just want to mix it with music
    or comments if needed and put it back.

Your help is very welcome, many thanks in advance.

Chris, Basle, Switzerland
    Quote Quote