VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a desktop PC that I recently rebuilt to be a HTPC with a wireless laptop client and a MediMVP as a wired thin client. The HTPC runs GBPVR as the media center prog.

Prior to rebuild, everything worked fine. However, now, whenever making a recording or watching live tv, I find the picture flashes a white/black dashed line horizontally through the middle of the picture briefly every few seconds. I took a recording, threw it up in Vegas Pro and found this frame as a good representation of what is happening. The flash only lasts for a split second and that is it and only happens periodically.

Any ideas, thoughts, etc.? The capture is obviously mpeg2.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by tmetzfire; 27th Nov 2017 at 22:24. Reason: Change signature
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What seeing look like Closed Caption embedded in the wrong place this problem is with TV Broadcaster or Discovery Channel it self.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I appreciate the help SHS. After my post and from my research, I thought that it was maybe closed captioning. I just thought it was supposed to be at the top. But, if Dish or Discovery are embedding it incorrectly, then it sounds like, based on your post, this is the problem.

Thinking about it, I had noticed a small static-like line through the center of my non-PVR receiver and just thought it was some satelllite interference, etc. However, it now appears that it is a problem with the CC embedment. The MPEG encoding must just really intensify the effect.

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote