VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. anyone have any luck with this one?

tried DVD SHRINK 3.2 and got CRC error msg unfortunately

thank u in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I had no trouble ripping and burning using 1clickdvdcopypro and DVD43 (ver. 3.9.0). A friend ripped using DVDFab Platinum, so my guess is that using freeware DVDFab Decrypter, then shrink if you are going to backup to DVD-5, then Imgburn would work just fine. Still another option that I know works is CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD HD (like DVDFab Platinum, both are available with full functionality for the trial period).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Although still excellent tools for ripping older titles, DVD Shrink and RipIt4Me have not been updated since 7/2004 and 3/2007 respectively. I actually prefer RipIt4Me because it has a feature to make the DVD go straight to the main menu upon insertion.

The current FREE back-up solution is DVDFab HD Decrypter. It's constantly updated to keep up with the latest encryption schemes. However, you'll still need DVD Shrink in order to compress most DVDs to fit onto a single layered disc. Unless, of course, you use dual layered DVDs. Then no shrinking is neccessary. Just rip and burn.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I too prefer RipIt4Me. Its way easier to work with.
    Quote Quote