VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just got 10 Plastic Cakeboxes for 50 discs from rima.com. rima.com part number 6175. They are crap! I have thrown them out. It is not the money, they are the cheapest product I have ever seen - flimsy. Hey rima.com, don't sell crap or you will be outed to your customers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    how much were they?
    Quote Quote  
  3. So, where to buy a good cake box that can survive a drop with 50 disc in it ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Really? I ordered the part number 6175 50-disc cakebox from Rima and received high quality ones.

If you didn't throw them all out, did they have the code LS-# on the top with a white base. Was wondering if they sell different batches under the 6175 number? I was going to order more. When did you get them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    goto grocery store for cake...not RIMA
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So why tell this forum, instead of complaining to the source?????
    If a company sells you a bad product , do you tell the neighbors ???? Or the company???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Call rima.com and speak to the manager. I'm sure they will work things out with you.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    videobread
    Just got 10 Plastic Cake boxes for 50 discs from rima.com. rima.com part number 6175. They are crap!
    Why do you say that? What happened to the cake boxes to make you say such a statement. I have bought them from Rima and they work rather well for me. Did they come in broken, did you accidentally drop them and they busted. Give details. Back up your statement if not you are just blowing smoke.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JimboS
    So why tell this forum, instead of complaining to the source?????
    If a company sells you a bad product , do you tell the neighbors ???? Or the company???
    This seems to be standard operating procedure for a lot of people. Plus, I think he wanted to try to help people by advising them of his problem. You would be surprised how many people would rather complain on a forum than do something to remedy the situation. I see it all the time.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    WOW! Interesting responses from VH. Rima.com knows full well that they are unloading a buy of inferior product. I'm sure that when they unload this lot they will not buy from the same supplier again. Why should I contact them and tell them what they full well know? I'm not asking for my money back. It is proper to out a supplier unloading crap on a user forum. The point is to let other users know. My suggestion to rima.com is that when you get stuck with a buy of inferior product, don't sell it under your name on your site. Sell it on ebay under another name or just throw it out. Rima.com was one of the suppliers who sold us users the notorious Ritek years ago. They chose not to throw those out either. Bottom line is that rima.com carries good product, but if they get stuck with a bad buy they will unload it on their site.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by videobread
    WOW! Interesting responses from VH. Rima.com knows full well that they are unloading a buy of inferior product.
    I'll do the exact same thing. If it costs more to do an RMA, then I'll spam their review on the product so others know, and I'll post it to the proper outside boards I go too. This is all to let others know.

If I do get it RMA'd then I'll make note of that when I post my comments.
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't speak to the 50-disc boxes, but I just bought 10 of the 25-disc ones and they seem fine. Just my two cents.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Sorry, saw that these were 10-packs.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by stiltman
    Originally Posted by videobread
    WOW! Interesting responses from VH. Rima.com knows full well that they are unloading a buy of inferior product.
    I'll do the exact same thing. If it costs more to do an RMA, then I'll spam their review on the product so others know, and I'll post it to the proper outside boards I go too. This is all to let others know.

If I do get it RMA'd then I'll make note of that when I post my comments.
    Digging up an old post sorry.

I just bought from Rima for the first time.
    I bought 100 TY 8x inkjet hub printables for like $31 after shipping
    I left a comment in the comments section while making the order. I asked them what are the chances of getting a couple 16x watershield discs to try.

Order came today. Very good packing with peanuts and 2 boxes. One small folded over cardboard as a spacer to the shrinkwrap 100 discs. Well I thought it was a spacer It was actually 3 16x watershield discs in paper envolopes inside a folded cardboard wrapper

Way to go Rima!
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote