VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14
FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
Thread
  1. Average video editor Sviests's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redmenhoops View Post
    Hi,

On my I'm laptop, I'm looking to record some sporting events that stream live on espn plus. I've tried a few capture programs and the result is that the video is not smooth and the audio seems off.
    Could someone tell me the best way to record these events directly to my laptop please at a quality same as original?
    thank you
    greatly appreciated!
    FFMPEG,Streamlink or youtube-dl. If the final file is "laggy" etc,then source is like that.
    Quote Quote  
  2. thank you for your reply. I'm very much a novice. I downloaded FFMPEG but not sure how to run it. I have a zip folder on my desktop.
    So then I downloaded Streamlink which gave me a Run option. Selected it, but computer blocked it from running
    Quote Quote  
  3. Average video editor Sviests's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redmenhoops View Post
    thank you for your reply. I'm very much a novice. I downloaded FFMPEG but not sure how to run it. I have a zip folder on my desktop.
    So then I downloaded Streamlink which gave me a Run option. Selected it, but computer blocked it from running
    All of them are CMD type tools (you open the CMD in the folder where the ffmpeg.exe or streamlink.exe is located and then just type the command(s) to capture the stream).
    These tools do have documentation and tutorials how to use it too. I use to be a newbie as well,but i just read the documentations/tutorials just like everyone else and now i know how to use them proprely.

P.S. these tools run on windows & linux OS.
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks. i'm probably more novice than you realize. Looking for something with an interface.

not sure what CMD is

Surely there is a program just as simple as pressing the ol REC button on the VCR back in the day ??
    Quote Quote  
  5. Average video editor Sviests's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    This might help,it's a GUI with interface,try it out:

https://www.videohelp.com/software/youtube-dl-gui
    Quote Quote  
  6. ah thank you. Yes, I've been successful with that one as far as recording some videos from youtube and facebook. I haven't tried it yet for the espn streaming, but I will.

thank you again for your time and patience. much appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  7. having one hiccup..... the audio and video are not merged. I read if you have ffmpeg installed that they merge automatically. I then installed ffmpeg but still getting separate files.

??

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. How did you "install" ffmpeg? Try copying (static) ffmpeg.exe into the same folder as youtube-dl.exe. Show youtube-dl command and log.
    Quote Quote  
  9. well there is no folder for youtube-dl.exe

It's just the application. Don't have a folder to copy the ffmpeg into
    Quote Quote  
  10. I guess I should ask if ffmpeg works with the gui ? the interface one you sent
    Quote Quote  
  11. I do know how to use Videdpad though. I think I will just import both files and create a new file like that
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys! I have tried everything and I would be so so so happy if someone could help me with this.

However, when I download this stream by using youtube-dl, the file downloads and I get an mp4-file with the correct file size, but it's not playable. I can't open it with any kind of player.

Does somebody know the answer to this? Thank you in advance!

Btw: The site of the video is completely free, so I'm not invading the forum rules!
    Last edited by giordaanooo; 12th Apr 2019 at 19:05.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by giordaanooo View Post
    Hey guys! I have tried everything and I would be so so so happy if someone could help me with this.

However, when I download this stream by using youtube-dl, the file downloads and I get an mp4-file with the correct file size, but it's not playable. I can't open it with any kind of player.

Does somebody know the answer to this? Thank you in advance!

Btw: The site of the video is completely free, so I'm not invading the forum rules!
    Although the site is for free the videos are encrypted with Widevine. Unless you know how to decrypt them you'll not be able to play the downloaded files.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So.. are there ways to decrypt vids by Widevine?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by giordaanooo View Post
    So.. are there ways to decrypt vids by Widevine?
    Well, of course If it wasn't possible you wouldn't see all those WEB-DLs downloaded from Netflix, Amazon and stuff. The forum rules prohibit discussing about such things here.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Aw, damn. That's hella frustrating!

However, thanks for the reply!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It seems most if not all of this thread is "capturing" a 'stream' (VCR-DVR style) as opposed to "downloading" a file (self explanatory).
    Is there a way to "download" the video, movies included, (NOT U-Boob videos) as one would "download" anything else?

It seems the term "download" is being misused making things more confusing. Just as Sams*it calling LCD TV's "LED" for deceptive marketing purposes..
    Why are ones and zeros so complicated? Linear Video Editing was easier. Downloading & streaming are two different things.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
    It seems most if not all of this thread is "capturing" a 'stream' (VCR-DVR style) as opposed to "downloading" a file (self explanatory).
    Is there a way to "download" the video, movies included, (NOT U-Boob videos) as one would "download" anything else?

It seems the term "download" is being misused making things more confusing. Just as Sams*it calling LCD TV's "LED" for deceptive marketing purposes..
    Sometimes a file actually is being downloaded. Some streaming video downloader software can find links to files by examining the code for the webpage and is able to use those to download a file.

Other software can intercept and save the stream in a file even if the stream is encrypted but, of course, the encryption is still present in the resulting files, rendering them useless unless there is a way to break the encryption. This is why copies of encrypted streams are usually made using software that records the screen.

If by "download the video, movies included" you mean offerings from Netflix, Amazon, or any other paid service, and not from websites which never charge a fee to watch anything that they host, then be aware that those sorts of discussions are prohibited by forum rules.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 7th Apr 2019 at 21:43. Reason: typo
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord
    Quote Quote