VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi ... I just bought from iTunes store a music album and I notice which I thought you could burn onto disk and play on any type of music media player but it would seem not the case . I am only able to listen to this album with Quick Time which I don't like very much . Is there any program which can convert my music so I am able to listen to it with foobar or WMP ? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    Aren't you supposed to burn them to a CD-R or CD-RW and then rip them back as mp3?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

You have a few choices:

1. Do what bat999 said, Burn them from iTunes onto a CD and then re-rip them as .mp3's by importing the CD you burned back into iTunes (make sure you have the encoder set for .mp3 not aac)

2. If your version of iTunes is prior to iTunes 7.5 than you can use the latest software available here: http://www.hymn-project.org/ to remove DRM.

3. You can use Tunebite, it isn't free but works very fast and does a good job in my experience of converting .m4p to .mp3 with little to no audible quality loss.

Hopefully Amazon.ca will get it's behind in gear so we Canadians can also enjoy .mp3 downloads that don't need to be converted, like they have now in the US.

***EDIT***
    It would appear as though option 2 is no longer available due to a Cease and Desist order placed on the the host for the HYMN Project......Apple flexing it's muscles!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Or, you can also use a sound-recording program (like Audacity, for example), to record the audio as you're playing it, then save that to an MP3. But that's not an elegant solution, either.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote