VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was planning on getting the Black Intensity Capture card to capture my Halo 3 videos off my 360. I'm kind of confused on how to connect the cables. Since my HDTV has over 6 inputs, 3 of them being HDMI, I need some assistance on how to connect the cables. So I plug the HDMI cable from the capture card into my HDTV, say input 1. But my 360 is on input 4 so will it still be able to record despite the cables being on different inputs? I'm kind of new to this so I'd appreciate any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Inputs are for video coming INTO the TV. Nothing goes out an input. You need to connect the capture card's input to the 360's output. Ie, the signal goes out of the 360 and into the capture card.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ^^So I connect my an HDMI cable into my 360's input and the other end into the intensity on my computer? No need for the HDTV?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The 360 doesn't have an input, just outputs.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not trying to get you guys angry. but can you layout a step by step instruction on how to do this. I'm new to this stuff so I don't really know.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I don't have either so I don't really know what connections they have. But I would guess you can run an HDMI cable from the Xbox 360's HDMI output to the Intensity's HDMI input.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Intensity card is an advanced product and requires fairly advanced computer skills. I don't have one either so can't give details on menus etc.

The normal connection would be HDMI or analog component 360->Intensity->HDTV. The card does not have hardware compression so your computer either needs to configured for uncompressed HD capture (~400GB to 500GB per hour) using a disk array (RAID) or it needs to process a real time MJPEG compression codec to a lower bit rate. The latter needs a fairly fast dual core processor. Direct playback of the resulting file will be difficult. It will need further editing and encoding to a playable or DVD compatible format.

The card won't accept HDMI with HDCP copy protection. That means games or DVD playback of copy protectected media may not work with the Intensity card connected HDMI. Ask others about XBox360 experiences.

There have been several discussions on the card. Here is the original discussion. Use the search function to find other threads.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic317690-30.html
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ^^Thanks a lot.
    Quote Quote