VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good day to all,
    I want to put together a pc with the ability to store a large library of movies. Copied from dvd's, then find a program that will allow me to set the time of playback for 2 to 6 movies a day at random times. (Old way 6 vcrs stacked and chained 1 cable output
    1st vcr programmed to play at 8 am- 2nd vcr to play at 10 am 3rd at 12....and ect..)
    6 different movies in one day at a set times. Just replace the tapes once a week with new movies.
    Problem upgrading to dvd players in the same setup no programmable time feature, biggest fault dvd's when started will play to the menu requiring someone to press play, I could copy dvd's and remove the menu and make the movie auto play that would work as well. (I have not done this before just read about it)
    Here is the idea part-> I have done single movies on my home pc to network/entertainment center but nothing like this.
    I have big ideas and very little knowledge of software out there. (I do understand the hardware side so-so) but any onfo on bigger and better is always great Also note at this location we have a yearly copyright license.
    Thank you for any help,
    bxcthur
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    as far as play back

VLC player , has a playlist function, just put 6 movies or howmany you want in the playlist, for the day and then start playing

as far a hardware, there are other on here with more knowledge of of htpc's, but any PC with video/hdmi output hooked up to a large display and you are ready to go.
    Quote Quote