VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just did a very quick search of current topics and didn't see any like this. With HD DVD declared dead, I imagine there will be a small market wanting to convert their HD DVD discs to BluRay eventually. I know I will.

And I guess we can assume there will be no new HD DVD computer based drives. So we will have to buy whatever current drives are out there to copy the discs.

What do you guys think would be the way to go? Buy a drive now to ensure I have one before the supply is gone, or wait for a fire sale?
    I don't have a bad attitude...
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Good luck converting those menus and extras on the HD DVD to BluRay. Nobody bothered to tell you that there's no way to do that at this time, did they? Yeah, that gets conveniently overlooked in the current "must convert HD DVD to BluRay" madness.

I think LG makes an HD DVD/BluRay/DVD combo drive right now and I think they plan to keep on making one. The cheapest way to go would be to buy the Xbox HD DVD add on drive. I understand that BestBuy is selling them real cheap now. With the proper drivers, this drive can easily be made to work with Windows XP via USB.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    gamestop is selling Xbox HD-DVD drives for $50!
    I am just a worthless liar,
    I am just an imbecil
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you can do movie only easily
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm guessing better software will eventually come out. Unless blank BluRay discs get really cheap, it may be easier and almost as cheap to just re-buy the movies.

I only have like 14 so far, but those $15 fire sale discs sure are tempting!
    I don't have a bad attitude...
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote