VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by barry3333
    still same message and needs render.
    That may be due to tv standard if you didn't convert to NTSC with MPEG Streamclip either.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i just tried to convert via quicktime to dv. the sound was not demuxed tho. i tried streamclip demux audio and it splits it into 2 files which are supposed to combine again when opened but it does not. is there another demuxing program that you know of? then i can use the video and add audio in another track. its complicated but it might work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i just tried to convert via quicktime to dv. the sound was not demuxed tho.
    That is a known limitation of QuickTime Pro for all muxed MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 files.

i tried streamclip demux audio and it splits it into 2 files
    That would be Demux to M2V and M1A. Except that this M2V file is not MPEG-2, but MPEG-1, so should be named M1V. You could rename and try importing into FCE again.
    MPEG-1 audio is sometimes known by suffix .m1a, sometimes .mp2, so you might try renaming that one too, to see if that works better.

is there another demuxing program that you know of?
    bbDEMUX. It puts a weird number on each output file, so you may want to alter the names after demuxing, so that video and audio have matching names again. E.g.:
    From MOV08269.MPG demuxed to MOV08269S224SS0.m1v and MOV08269S192SS0.m1a, rename to MOV08269.m1v and MOV08269.m1a, then applications can find the audio that goes with the imported video.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i installed bbdemux and dropped the file into it to demux. it says complete but where does the demuxed file go?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i looked everwhere for the demuxed file but cant find it. does it demux the audio and keep the video? my reasoning is that if i can get it demuxed the audio i mean then i can convert to dv properly via quicktime. then its simple
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    re streamclip yes i did have it on ntsc
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i installed bbdemux and dropped the file into it to demux. it says complete but where does the demuxed file go?
    The output files (a file for each stream) should be in the same location as the source file.

i added it to final cut express the clip and it says
    "Attention this clip does not match this sequence's settings or any of your sequence presets. Change sequence settings to match the clip setting?"
    yes i did have it on ntsc
    The sequence's settings define a project. Eg. if you have it set to HD and import SD, then there is a mismatch. By "changing sequence settings to match the clip setting", the new project will conform to the setting of the first imported clip. There's nothing wrong with replying "Yes, change the setting" to that question, if the DV is correct. It is a warning of a mismatch, not an error.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok i did that to make the same settings but still needs render. in bbdemux i did exactly what you said. the program says Demux Complete; Drop a new file to start another transfer and so on. the original file is in a folder on the desktop but there is no new demuxed file. so it did not go to the original folder. i searched the computer and cannot find it anywhere. any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you guys most likely have given up on me here but its ok. i called a professional transfer house here and there gonna work on the footage and see if they can get it right for me to work with. thanks for trying i am not the best computer person.
    Quote Quote