Hi, I just acquired the Zen V Plus MP3 Player. I have several Qs:

(1) Creative's instructions are unclear. They fail to demo how to navigate the cursor up and down the Menu. When I press the "south" area of the joystick (hoping to arrow DOWN the Menu), it takes me to the Music Library interface, instead of the next menu item.

(2) I'd like to use a wall outlet to power the Player, rather than its internal battery, since I hope to use it in lieu of a stereo system (by connecting it to my T20 speakers which in turn will also be connected to my HDTV & attached DVD-player.

That leaves me with 2 options:

Either a power adapter (MUST it be the Creative brand? - for that matter, are other players also so exclusive as to preclude use of 6-volt or Universal adapters?)

or else, the following USB/AC Adapter Charger:

http://www.amazon.com/Coby-CA-80-Adapter-Charger-Players/dp/B000OX0IGO

However, I need an adapter/charger with a long cord similar to standard adapter, since my power-strip is on the floor, whereas the speakers, player, etc. are on the table.

Which of the above has less hidden pitfalls and/or lower cost?

If anyone can help it would be appreciated. I can't reach their customer svc; furthemore, their registration process had frozen on me during the final stage, and also added alot of extraneous junk to my already SLOW system which I probably don't need,
and finally, I haven't the faintest idea how to download tunes in order to check if it even functions properly. And, btw, is there any no-strings, totally free MP3 "beta" song I can download just for the purpose of testing it?