VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey everybody,

I have an Insignia 42 inch 720P tv connected to a Phillips upconverting dvd and a cablevision hd dvr with HDMI cables. Recently I have noticed something odd, randomly when the tv is turned on green specks start blinking over the screen scatteringly. Happens both on cable and dvd, usually when there is blank black screen. Is this a problem with my TV or the HDMI cables/connection? The cables are a cheap set I bought on amazon for $10 bucks and I'm praying the cheap cables are the problem. PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Should have bought a better brand. There's a reason they cost less.
    I'm buying a 40" Samsung LCD 1080P this weekend.
    TANSTAAFL
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try searching here
    I think someone else had this same problem
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    From other posts, replacing the cables will often correct the issue.

Less likely would be the input resolutions.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Krispy Kritter on the advice. I'm just going to put the component cables back on and see if that does the trick. One of my friends however, who is kind of an expert with this stuff, says it could be that the temperature in the tv is too low and the sparklies could be because of that, which explains why it stops as you continue watch tv. Could this be a solution? Either way if the sparklies don't go away I'm gonna give Insignia and Best Buy a call about it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've read where it was cables or hardware incompatibilities (ie: brand A DVD player and brand B TV have the issue). Since you are seeing it with multiple devices, I would first suspect the TV. But cables are easy to change just to be sure.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote