VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, i have 2 problems i was hoping someone could help me with. My dvd burner is out of commision right now so i want to get some Divx .avi files onto cd to watch on my dvd player.

1) when i convert something as small as 200 mb in WinAvi into Divix format, it usualy goes over the CD's 700mb limit and it's not burnable anymore, anyone have any experience with this?

2) i have a couple files that are like 2mb bigger than the actual cd and i cut the ending credits off with virtualdub. but when i try to save(save as .avi) it gets re-encoded and is humungous. gigabytes in size. am i doing something wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    1) If you want a custom file size then set the video and audio bitrate(use a bitrate calculator to calculate the file size) or in some tools can you set the output file size directly like in AutoGk.
    2) Use direct stream copy in virtualdub and it wont be reconverted, under Video->Direct Stream Copy and Audio->Direct Stream Copy.
    Quote Quote  
  3. first of all, thanks very much for that information, i've found it VERY useful

for one reason or another(i'm not even sure why) i chose to try AutoGk, and it too almost 4 hours to encode my video. would the direct stream copy in virtual dub work faster?

thanks again
    Quote Quote