VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Currently backing up my DVDs. Want to save space on the DVDR by stripping out extras while retaining the DVD menu..

Is there a good tool for this?? I've been Googling and cannot find anything that does just this.
    Using WinXp.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Depends on whether you want temporary or permanent freeware or are willing to pay for convenience. A good compromise might be to download the 30-day free trial version of CloneDVD with AnyDVD. This is what I eventually purchased, it is software optimized to do exactly what you're asking. You can delete anything you don't want and the backup will still include the original DVD menu tree. It will be fully functional to select scenes, etc. If you select a menu option on the backup that you had deleted, your screen will just blank for a second and then return to the menu to let you know the item is gone.

For speed, ease of use and reliability in deleting items CloneDVD/AnyDVD can't be beat, especially if you have a reasonable number of DVDs to back up and can manage to do your entire collection within the 30 day free trial period. If it expires before you finish, you can either buy the activation key if you feel its worth it (I did) or move on to some of the freeware programs discussed in the forums.
    Quote Quote