VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I intend to buy a tv for my grandpa, and I have searched these results:
    Vizio VX32LHDTV10A 32" tv , this tv got nive review.
    And this Envision L32W761, not familiar with the brand, but the specs look nice. Do you have any other better suggestions please?? I think maybe a plasma should be better for the elders, do you know anything with that budget?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My suggestion is the PANASONIC TC-LX70 that you can get from CIRCUIT CITY or FRY'S ELECTRONICS bpth places have it on sale right now for $699.99. The newer 32 inch PANASONIC's are coming out in March & April therefore prices should drop. I have the PANASONIC TC-LX70 that I bought last summer from SEARS for $750.00.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Panasonic-32-LCD-HDTV-TC-32LX70/sem/rpsm/oid/176851/cat...oductDetail.do

Check out the AVS FORUM where you'll see a thread for that PANASONIC model along with the model TC-LX700. Nothing but good reviews on both models. It's has the least amount of complaints/problems compared to other models and other manufacturers in the 32 inch LCD TV category.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    According to reports I've read the Olevia 532H is supposed to look pretty good.

Personally, I wouldn't buy any TV from a Chinese manufacturer because you can't get them serviced locally. Instead you have to ship them to LA and pay a flat fee for the repair work. The total cost will be just as expensive as buying a new TV.

I'd buy a Toshiba Regza. The 32" model is about $700 and the 26" model is about $540.

Also, be sure to buy it locally. If you buy it via the internet or a catalog and decide to return it you'll have to pay return shipping.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    So what will be a good choice for elders??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fairytale00
    So what will be a good choice for elders??
    I gave you the suggestion of the PANASONIC LX70!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This 26" model has a built in DVD player, although I prefer to buy separate components.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11271037&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eC at=BC|79|2341|3316|74673&N=4018658&Mo=14&No=6&Nr=P _CatalogName:BC&cat=74673&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc 1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&hierPath=79*2341*3316*74673*&topnav=

BTW, Costco automatically gives extended warranties on all TVs.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    A friend of mine has a 52" for sale for $350. Not a thing wrong either. And I just paid $440 for a 37" about a month ago.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thank you for dredging up this old thread.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    WTH! This thread was freaking 2 years ago! LmFAO!
    Quote Quote