VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone,

New to Divx (I know; where the hell have I been?), but I am looking into getting the OPPO DV-980H and have a lot of movies on DVD. I want to put them on Hard Drive or use up my Cd's I have laying around or even putting more than one movie on a DVD-R.

What software would you recommend for easy transfer (with menus?) for the DivX?

Thank you,
    Craig
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well tmpgeng or Divx have lowered the price of their dvd to divx author engine thingy. Its only 10 of your GBP I am testing it now and it is easy to use,
    BUT I feel the options are little limiting and perhaps the quality is 95% of autogk or fairuse wizrd .. howver it does make the implemenation of menus and chapterization easy. It really Phucks up badly IMO on subtitling, by burning subtitles in , which both both wastes bitrate and is less flexible than having a seperate sub file. Also is seems there is no easy way to keep Ac3 sound or at least downmix/ lower the bitrate
    To get good quality go for "insane quality" and allow the output file a decent size 1200mb thru 1900mbs.

There is a 30 day trial so give it a go. It will of course, not work on commercial movies, only on unecrypted iso or vob files
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I almost give up.
    I am not stupid, and I have enough PC and software experience... but I just can't find any dvd2avi prog what WORKS!
    I have a new pc, Vista... but I just can't do it.
    Programs too hard? I try even the most simple! for 8 hours already now.
    I can load it sometimes, but almost never save, and if do, no sound!

But mostly, some error like codec cant be find, even when the program came with, and I also installed manually...

I have some vob files on pc, and want them convert in avi or mpeg. Menu's I don't care. Must be EASY? yes?

tried 10 progs now..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    mariusjr, both AutoGK and FairUse Wizard work fine with Vista. Usually with newer DVDs, you want to rip the DVD to the hard drive with a program like DVDFab HD Decrypter, then use that file with either of those two programs. If you wanted to add another program, I would suggest ffdshow and you might have less codec problems.

BTW, with Vista, you want to install those programs with 'Run as Administrator' or you may have problems.

If none of those work, you have other problems.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz
    mariusjr, both AutoGK and FairUse Wizard work fine with Vista. Usually with newer DVDs, you want to rip the DVD to the hard drive with a program like DVDFab HD Decrypter, then use that file with either of those two programs. If you wanted to add another program, I would suggest ffdshow and you might have less codec problems.

BTW, with Vista, you want to install those programs with 'Run as Administrator' or you may have problems.

If none of those work, you have other problems.

And welcome to our forums.
    thanks

VOBS already on harddisk. Thats no problem.
    with new hope I started the first program you mentioned.
    But as input, you can only select one file? How can I select several VOBS?

I really think you need to explain me, like I am 3 years old...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    uh.. ok...
    Programs what needs a guide, are considered too complicated to me...

But maybe it would me more wise to study one program some better, as to spend all day for seeking program I would understand immidiatly.

But he is busy now.. I am curious!
    result can be much later.. I go on travel now for some days.
    Quote Quote