VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Thread
  1. Hello everyone.

    My PC has 2 DV outputs in backside. I see that, one is them is active, so the another one, is not active. So no pichture or signal is coming into my monitor, from the second DV output. How can I make the second DV output active? I use Windows Vista. My PC is HP media centre....

    Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member Soopafresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Do you get any video on the second screen - before Windows starts? Swap the connections to the monitors.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Soopafresh
    Do you get any video on the second screen - before Windows starts? Swap the connections to the monitors.
    I am tryng to use the second DV output from my PC, for the LCD TV. The first DV poutput from my PC, I am usnign normaly for PC-monitor
    Quote Quote  
  4. You mean DVI outputs.

    To get both working you have to go to the graphics driver's setup applet and enable the second display. Turn off your computer, plug the second monitor in, boot the computer, go to the display setup applet and enable the second display.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo
    You mean DVI outputs.

    To get both working you have to go to the graphics driver's setup applet and enable the second display. Turn off your computer, plug the second monitor in, boot the computer, go to the display setup applet and enable the second display.
    Yeah I mean DV outputs. How to do that in Windows Vista? Beacuse, in fact, seems to me very difficult. Help please.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Right click on the desktop, select Personalize, select Display Settings. From there on out it varies depending on the graphics card and drivers.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo
    Right click on the desktop, select Personalize, select Display Settings. From there on out it varies depending on the graphics card and drivers.
    Yeah I did it. Thanks. But I still do not know how can I activate the second DV output that mean second monitor line...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Did you see two monitors in the display properties applet?

    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jagabo
    Did you see two monitors in the display properties applet?

    Yeaa I do. Than...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Right click on the second monitor and enable it if it's not. Enable "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" if you want to have two desktops (or one big desktop). If you want to see the same thing on both monitors look through the settings for a "clone" or "mirror" mode.

    You can drag and drop the two monitors to make their logical orientation match thier physical orentation (when not in clone/mirror mode). In the sample image the second monitor is to the right of the first monitor. To drag a window onto it you would drag to the right from the first monitor. If your second monitor is to the left of the first (or above or below) you want to move it in this dialog.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by jagabo
    Right click on the second monitor and enable it if it's not. Enable "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" if you want to have two desktops (or one big desktop). If you want to see the same thing on both monitors look through the settings for a "clone" or "mirror" mode.

    You can drag and drop the two monitors to make their logical orientation match thier physical orentation (when not in clone/mirror mode). In the sample image the second monitor is to the right of the first monitor. To drag a window onto it you would drag to the right from the first monitor. If your second monitor is to the left of the first (or above or below) you want to move it in this dialog.
    In Windows Vista the properties are design differently. So, till now I do not know how to do that my friend. Anyway, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  12. No they're not. I have Vista running on one machine and it works the same way as XP:



    Exactly what options you see may be different depending on what graphics card, driver version, and extra configuration software you have installed. You may need to install full function drivers from the graphics chip manufacturer.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by jagabo
    No they're not. I have Vista running on one machine and it works the same way as XP:



    Exactly what options you see may be different depending on what graphics card, driver version, and extra configuration software you have installed. You may need to install full function drivers from the graphics chip manufacturer.
    Ok, thanks a lot, my friend. So, to activate the second monitor port, I have to right click and te select the activate link? So, after that, both ports are able to send signal to the monitor?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Yes, you may also have to select "Extend the desktop onto this monitor" or dig through the Advanced Settings and enable mirror/clone mode (usually both displays have to be set to the same resolution for mirror/clone mode to work).
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads