VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I read in another forum that the reason that my video kept losing sync with the subtitles in Subtitle Workshop was because you need an avi with I-frames only to use when synching subtitles with this program. I was able to make one with Divx in Virtualdub for my first project that worked fine but when I went into Virtualdub this time to do another, I found the option grayed out in Divx. Does anyone know why? I was not using the DivxPro trial at the time so I don't know why this option might have been open at one time and then no longer available. Does anyone know how to access it or how to encode an avi with I-frames only with the x264 codec in Virutaldub?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I read in another forum that the reason that my video kept losing sync with the subtitles in Subtitle Workshop was because you need an avi with I-frames only to use when synching subtitles with this program.
    That's not true.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well, I keep losing sync when I move back and forth in the .mpg version. I don't know why DivX no longer allows me to adjust the keyframe interval and Cinepak seems to be the only one that allows it but that takes forever to compress.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I agree it's not true. But you can set the keyframe interval with Xvid. Or you can use an all-keyframe codec like DV (cedocida is a good DV codec). Or simply use uncompressed or lossless codecs like HuffYUV or Lagarith.

And regarding Divx: When using Presets you can't change the keyframe interval. Maybe you need to re-enter your registration code so you can turn off Presets.
    Quote Quote