VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    The trailer for the latest installment in the Indiana Jones series was posted today at the official site.

http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html

Of course Ford looks old, but the film will still be fun to see - if they don't screw it up.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm downloading it now! Can't wait. I'm on my regular emachine right now so I'm doing the 480p trailer. Later I'll download the high def trailer to watch on my widescreen tv

EDIT - COOL!

Thats that SHIA guy from the TRANSFORMERS movie right? I think he'll work out. He definitely has a sense of humor which will work in this kind of a movie. Just as long as it isn't too slapsticky I think it will work out.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wait, I thought Ford wasn't gonna be in the follow-up releases.

-vhelp 4542
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    Thats that SHIA guy from the TRANSFORMERS movie right? I think he'll work out. He definitely has a sense of humor which will work in this kind of a movie. Just as long as it isn't too slapsticky I think it will work out.
    Yeah, that's Shia.

I just hope there aren't too many "old fart" jokes in the film or that will ruin it, IMO.

Originally Posted by vhelp
    Wait, I thought Ford wasn't gonna be in the follow-up releases.

-vhelp 4542
    He's in this one. I haven't talk of any more Indians Jones films.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I might actually go out and see this one, if it be his last one. He is just a great
    actor in these films -- all his films.

But one film I wish he (the writers etc) would do work on is for a sequal to "Blade Runner".
    That movie is the best sci-fi of that ERA, and maybe a few others. But BR has got a certain
    'ring' to it.. maybe the music in the background and the way 'he' narrates, (in the version that
    he narrates in) -- that's my favorite.

anyway..

-vhelp 4545
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded the 720p trailer yesterday. Looks great in widescreen on my hdtv! This does look to be fun.

Did anybody catch that label on a crate saying ROSWELL NEW MEXICO???? That should be fun.

Also it looks to me that the warehouse with all the crates has got to be the one at the end of Raiders of the lost ark

This should be a decent movie at least.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've got some possible spoiler info. PM me if you want to know...
    Quote Quote  
  8. I love Indiana Jones!, I just hope that they don't screw this movie... the other three are just fine the way they are.

I would hate that IJ went down in history as "An awesome trilogy... and that fourth movie".
    1f U c4n r34d 7h1s, U r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The long-awaited fourth installment of George Lucas and Steven Spielberg's period action-adventure pic will debut at the Cannes Film Festival on Sunday, May 18.
    http://www.variety.com/VR1117981645.html
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Epicurus8a
    Of course Ford looks old,
    Looks old
    He IS old
    65 is a bit on the older side
    But the last movie i saw him in he was over 60 and looked pretty damn young!!!
    Younger than 65 anyways, looked a late 40's maybe...
    even with his shirt off he is in pretty good shape, well a couple of years ago anyways.... aint seen him lately...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What I don't get is why they aren't using that morphing technology they used in XMEN 3. Remember the opening sequence with Patrick Stewart and ian Mcellan and they made them look 20 years younger? I'm sure ILM could have done the same to Harrison Ford and made him look the same as he did in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know where I can download the HD trailer (preferably 1080P, if not 720P will do) in any format expect MOV (apple).

I don't have quicktime installed and can't be asked installing it (I use VLC for mov).

Thanks and I cant wait till the movie is released.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by yoda313
    What I don't get is why they aren't using that morphing technology they used in XMEN 3. Remember the opening sequence with Patrick Stewart and ian Mcellan and they made them look 20 years younger? I'm sure ILM could have done the same to Harrison Ford and made him look the same as he did in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
    I think that was a frame-by-frame job, and also if you remember in those particular scenes they both were very still, no sudden movements. I think that would be very hard to accomplish with a full length action film.
    1f U c4n r34d 7h1s, U r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good point medico. Also very pricey I imagine.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FYI: Tom Selleck was the original choice to play the role of Indiana Jones, but he decided to be Magnum PI instead. Ford is much better, IMO.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think the documentary on the indy dvds said the tv series was greenlighted as he was being cast. Wasn't he already under contract with the tv show? I'm not sure about the timing on that. I'd have to watch that featurette again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just downloaded the 1080P trailer and it looks awesome on my 1080P display.

This is definitely a movie on my Blu Ray list when its out (as well as the other three).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah speaking of that when is the Lucasfilm collection coming to bluray? Mainly Star Wars and Indiana Jones?????

I WANT MY HIGH DEF STARWARS!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This came from SciFi:

All three Indiana Jones movies are coming to DVD in individual special editions and as a new boxed set on May 13, Lucasfilm and Paramount Home Entertainment announced.

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade special-edition DVDs will feature new, exclusive bonus features that dig deeper into the making of the films. The three movies were restored and remastered in 2003.
    I wish they'd re-release the first three films in the theater again.

This came from AP:

After premiering Feb. 14 on "Good Morning America," Lucasfilm and Viacom Inc.'s Paramount Pictures sent the trailer to the Web, plus movie theaters and TV stations around the world. Paramount estimates the trailer was seen more than 200 million times worldwide in the first week alone.
    http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gX_InPHoenfOsbYfmTPNe3Dz794gD8V5IDA81
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have the first movie on Widescreen version on VHS. I'm waiting to make it HD-DVD, oh..
    should I be saying now, Blur-Ray

Serious though.., I'm a collector of anything widescreen on vhs, and also laserdisc !!

Darn. Still nothing for a Blade Runner sequal. Well, I see they did release a blue-ray version,
    though that is not on my list since I don't have an hdtv set. Oh well.

-vhelp 4551
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Entertainment Weekly has a story on IJ4.
    Here's the cover pic:
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20182266,00.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    (indy 4 pic attached)

I can not belive that that is Harrison in that photo. He just looks so young, that is, that
    he never aged. I can't belive it. It was touched out a bit.. had to be. Anyway. Its a
    nice pic of him in action.

--> http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/static/flash/2008/03/05/indiana.swf

-vhelp 4564
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vhelp
    I can not belive that that is Harrison in that photo. He just looks so young, that is, that
    he never aged. I can't belive it. It was touched out a bit.. had to be. Anyway. Its a
    nice pic of him in action.
    The fine print at the bottom says, "Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom."

Here's a pic from Crystal Skull:
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20182648,00.html

And here's a pic of the Crystal Skull:
    (Note this may be a spoiler, so please don't discuss openly.)
    http://www.firstshowing.net/img/indianajones-crystalskull-2.jpg
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. I'm not able to reach certain sites at work. So, I can't D/L any videos that are
    on youtube, flash, trailers or anything that houses videos because they are blocked.
    That's why i can't d/l the trailer that the other poster had posted above. Only if they
    are direct links to the file itself, else their filters kick in and filter them out

Anyway. The photo in your post above looks interesting. I can't wait to see it. This one,
    I might go out to the theaters to see!!

-vhelp 4566
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Indiana Jones site has received some major modifications in the last few days, including an additional trailer.
    http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Wow. I can't belive this. USA is airing all the Indiana Jones in 2.35:1AR WIDESCREEN in
    letterbox format of course -- but they wouldn't (won't) do it for all the Star Wars ?????????

I'm so agravated with them.. SpikeTV sucks!

I mean, they went through all the trouble of airing the Star Wars just to be the first to have
    and broadcast last movie (Star Wars III) over network broadcast, (made a big deal out of it
    with marathons and month-long airings) and only present it in fullscreen. Now, because the
    newest movie is coming soon, (my guess) and that that is the basis for this mini marathon
    (another guess) this time, they are airing all the indys in widescreen. I don't get it!

** Can someone explain to me how this is done ??
    ** What makes or governs the decision to air something in Widescreen vs. Fullscreen ??

-vhelp 4667
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In case anyone is interested, here are the broadcasting schedules:

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    Description: Archaeologist Jones rescues his kidnapped father, and the two race the Nazis to find the Holy Grail.
    5/10/2008 3:00PM 38 USA

Description: El arqueólogo trotamundos va a Europa ocupada por nazis en busca de su padre que desapareció buscando el Cáliz Sagrado.
    5/10/2008 3:00PM 16 WNJU

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    Description: In 1935 archaeologist Jones, a lounge singer and a Chinese orphan search for mystical stones stolen from an Indian tribe.
    5/10/2008 5:51PM 38 USA

Description: La película anterior a ``Raiders of the Lost Ark'' pone a Indiana en busca de piedras sagradas en una secta de la India.
    5/10/2008 6:00PM 16 WNJU

Description: Archaeologist Jones rescues his kidnapped father, and the two race the Nazis to find the Holy Grail.
    5/11/2008 9:00AM 38 USA

Description: In 1935 archaeologist Jones, a lounge singer and a Chinese orphan search for mystical stones stolen from an Indian tribe.
    5/11/2008 11:36AM 38 USA
    5/17/2008 6:30PM 48 SCIFI

5/17/2008 9:00PM 48 SCIFI

5/18/2008 3:30PM 48 SCIFI

5/18/2008 6:00PM 48 SCIFI

Indiana Jones and the Ultimate Quest
    Description: Historians and archaeologists, who have devoted their lives to investigating mysteries and searching for treasures, inspire creation of the Indiana Jones series.
    Showing: Date Time Channel
    5/19/2008 12:00AM 47 HISTORY

-vhelp 4669
    Quote Quote  
  28. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    EDIT
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I SHOULD be really excited about this movie... I guess I'm getting old because really I'm not very excited at all. I'll prob. wait until DVD to even watch it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I saw parts of all three. IN HIGH DEFINITION!!! I have USA HD through comcast and I must say this - ***I WANT MY INDY TRILOGY ON BLURAY NOW***

Excellent display and it seemed to be in full aspect ratio - approx 2.35:1. However that truck sequence in Raiders seemed to suggest it wasn't a 100% full OAR. When he nudges that one car off the cliff and you see it tumbling over it seemed like the far left of the screen was cropped slightly.

Now that may just be becuase I haven't watched that segment recently on dvd to know for sure.

That bit aside they looked terrific. I really had wished Comcast had Spike in hd for the Star Wars broadcasts...

BRING ON THE BLURAY RUSH!!!!!!
    Quote Quote