VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I wonder whats behind the issue when Windows Explorer allways and directley crash as soon as you physical touch a certain video file with the mouse, its allways only 1 file at time thats being affected, and there should be some month between them

I have tested to kill "K-lite Codec pack", this far i have atleast concluded thath in my case this codec pack is the trigger of the crashes, but i dont know wich codec i shall unmark when i install it from the start, cause this must be a codec conflict right, so what i can ask you i guess is wich codecs is known to not co-operate in codec packs generally? and have you experienced this yourself?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As much as I want to blame the codec pack, it's probably the old issue with Explorer generating thumbnails for each video file when you select them in Explorer.

Try this:
    Start > Run > enter "regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll" (without the quotes). See if that helps.
    To reverse that, use "regsvr32 shmedia.dll" instead of the above command.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Ai Haibara
    As much as I want to blame the codec pack, it's probably the old issue with Explorer generating thumbnails for each video file when you select them in Explorer.

Try this:
    Start > Run > enter "regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll" (without the quotes). See if that helps.
    To reverse that, use "regsvr32 shmedia.dll" instead of the above command.
    I have performed it now, its hard to judge if it helped, cause i have concluded thath the file is screwed up totally, seens it doesnt even play in VLC player with any single codec combinations, after uninstalling K-lite-codec pack the crashes atleast stopped (could allso bet he registry fix)
    anyway im sure your registry fix will help in various future areas, thanks
    Quote Quote