VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I already have my iMac connected via VGA to my my Plasma HDTV and know how to convert/burn/play them
    using VisualHub,Toast,VLC etc... But I want the Aspect Ratio/Video to fill the screen on my HDTV(no black bars)..
    Any ideas? I've tried 16:10 etc but I want the HD video to fill my HDTV screen(no black bars)...

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    HDTV is 1280x720 or 1920x1080, which is 16:9 (1:1.78).
    So movies with an aspect ratio of 16:9 can always fill the screen without black bars.
    Cinemascope movies are wider than that at 1:2.35. If you want to see those without letterbox bars, you'll have to crop off the sides.
    Some plasmas have 1024x768 native resolution, so you may want to try 4:3 when used as a monitor.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by iMacMan
    I want the HD video to fill my HDTV screen(no black bars)...
    Then no aspect ratio will work for all videos. You'll have to use a player with stretch-to-fit function. But even this won't work for very wide screen DVDs. They have black bars as part of the picture and the player won't know to remove them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the info Case & jagabo
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Apple QuickTime 7.4.1

Full Screen Playback
    Tired of pillar bars and letterboxes? Full screen playback, now included in the free QuickTime Player, has been enhanced to allow you to take full advantage of your computer’s widescreen display. Select from three different modes to fit your content to any size screen.

I just tried this and it works like a charm
    Quote Quote