VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an AVI captured from a Sony digital camera. I wanted to remove unwanted sounds from the audio track and used the Vdub filters Lowpass, Highpass and Gain. I processed the AVI and imported it into Vegas Studio 8c. Following that I imported the encoded file into DVD architect and created a DVD. When I play the DVD on the DVD player the clip of this audio filtered AVI looks awful. The moving figures leave trails behind them. Now I am looking for the culprit and of course I want to correct this problem. Luckily I still have the original version of the AVI. Could anyone help me please?
    Quote Quote  
  2. When you modify the audio, put Virtualdub in Video -> Direct Stream Copy. The video will not be touched at all.
    Quote Quote  
  3. As far as I can remember I placed audio to full processing and video to direct stream copy. In case by mistake I placed video to full processing, would that give such a bad result?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Putting video in Full Processing mode would have created a huge uncompressed RGB file (~100 GB/hr) unless you selected a compression codec. This also may have confused your MPEG encoder about the field order. That would have made the video play with a very fast jerkiness any time there was motion.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you jagabo I believe you are right. I have compared the versions of the video clip before and after processing. There is obviously something wrong in the clip after applying the filters. I now shall use the original copy in DVD production and handle the audio part using audio envelopes of Vegas Studio 8c. Thanks again.
    Quote Quote