VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    and why ?

is it headers, compression, content format, ALL three ?

I'm guessing that FLV ( flash video ) is the newest ( maybe i'm wrong )

and I know the early version of swf was all about programing animations for web design, but things seem to have changed a lot after Adobe bought 'macromedia'

I tried reading the wiki, but its a lot of dates about techincal revisons when this and that was added, and nothing basic about what the differences are and why.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    FLV is Macromedia's name for the format, Flash Video. Adobe bought it out and call it SWF, Shockwave Flash. So I would assume the newer implementations are SWF.

More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_Video

And here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWF

Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of variations within the formats. It is confusing. Do you have a specific problem? Other than that, you would have to read all that from those links. I haven't done that either.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well I have noticed that , that most 'flash video' has flv, extension, but most programing, games apps, have swf ext

also my Multi-media phone will only utilize video animations or apps/games that are swf 3

not swf 5-8mx , BUT have NO way to identify which ones will work , without trying them

I was hoping to get some info to help we figure this out
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Hopefully, someone here knows more about the format than me.
    Quote Quote